• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QDOS insurance invalidated once stop working via LTD company?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smuz View Post
    I have TLC35 with QDOS and my company name is listed as the policy holder. I contacted QDOS today about it and was told that even if i close my company the policy is still valid with the company name as the policy holder.

It simple just contact them then at least you have some evidence rather than relying on forum responses.
    And how easy was that to do. No need to start any threads or anything
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      And how easy was that to do. No need to start any threads or anything
      Except it makes no sense. How can you have a contract with a legal entity that no longer exists...?
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Except it makes no sense. How can you have a contract with a legal entity that no longer exists...?
        Isn't it the same as death, until the will is completed executed things can still occur.

If there is an IR35 tax dispute HMRC could try to reopen the company so it's simpler all round for QDOS to assume it still exists and try to stop the case early.

Heck I suspect the first letter would read:-

XYZ limited was closed and struck off on date. On other date HMRC was notified during after which they had until (insert date here) to raise their objection.

Your inability to raise the issue then is not our problem..
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
        X