• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QDOS insurance invalidated once stop working via LTD company?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QDOS insurance invalidated once stop working via LTD company?

I think I've done due diligence and can't see the question or answer to this anywhere in the forums?! I've heard that QDOS insurance is invalidated once you stop working via your limited company. E.g. you move to an umbrella arrangement or simply stop trading. I've had a look through the small print and can't quite fathom it. Anybody have a better understanding/clearer view? Thanks

Originally posted by aligning2020 View Post
    I think I've done due diligence and can't see the question or answer to this anywhere in the forums?! I've heard that QDOS insurance is invalidated once you stop working via your limited company. E.g. you move to an umbrella arrangement or simply stop trading. I've had a look through the small print and can't quite fathom it. Anybody have a better understanding/clearer view? Thanks
    "I've heard"? From whom? If its not in the small print, then that's probably a pointer.

If only there was a company you could phone up and ask...

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      If only there was a company you could phone up and ask...
      Toally this....
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yes, as I recall, their tax liability policies are written on a claims made basis, which is extremely common in the insurance industry. The policy must be in place at the time the claim is made. There are a few companies that offer cover for a defined period (e.g. Markel, formerly Abbey Tax).

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Yes, as I recall, their tax liability policies are written on a claims made basis, which is extremely common in the insurance industry. The policy must be in place at the time the claim is made. There are a few companies that offer cover for a defined period (e.g. Markel, formerly Abbey Tax).
          That's not what was suggested though:

"I've heard that QDOS insurance is invalidated once you stop working via your limited company. E.g. you move to an umbrella arrangement or simply stop trading."

ie. even if you still have a insurance in place, it is invalidated if you go via an Umbrella. I suspect it was a confused mind who came up with that.

Comment

That's not what was suggested though:

"I've heard that QDOS insurance is invalidated once you stop working via your limited company. E.g. you move to an umbrella arrangement or simply stop trading."

ie. even if you still have a insurance in place, it is invalidated if you go via an Umbrella. I suspect it was a confused mind who came up with that.
            I read what was written. You can interpret my answer how you want. If the insurance lapses (e.g., because it was paid by your company for your company and your company no longer exists), then the insurance basis is claims made. Sure, if there is a valid contract in place at the time a claim is made, it will be honoured to the extent the T&Cs are met.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              I read what was written. You can interpret my answer how you want. If the insurance lapses (e.g., because it was paid by your company for your company and your company no longer exists), then the insurance basis is claims made. Sure, if there is a valid contract in place at the time a claim is made, it will be honoured to the extent the T&Cs are met.
              Yes, we are in agreement..

Comment

Yes, we are in agreement..
                I also concur

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                  I also concur

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                  And as I also agree I will allow this thread to continue.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                    I also concur
                    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    And as I also agree I will allow this thread to continue.
                    I disagree with both of the above.

Comment

Working...
                    X