• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Transcript from Sonovate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 Transcript from Sonovate

Really good transcript with lots of advice on here:

IR35 Webinar - How to navigate IR35 and retain access to your contractors

Originally posted by Manic View Post
    Really good transcript with lots of advice on here:

IR35 Webinar - How to navigate IR35 and retain access to your contractors
    Probably worth a tiny bit of background. Sonovate provide finance to agencies - one thing I'm looking at on a consultancy side is to look enough like an agency that we can use them (fee isn't high and cash arrives quick)..
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Probably worth a tiny bit of background. Sonovate provide finance to agencies - one thing I'm looking at on a consultancy side is to look enough like an agency that we can use them (fee isn't high and cash arrives quick)..
      Just as an aside, I had two back to back contracts with Sonovate (Just by coincidence, totally different contracts, agencies etc) and I was pretty impressed with them. Worked really well, with no drama. I remember some vague confusion/difficulty over some expenses once, but whatever it was it got sorted.

Comment

They seem to be very knowledgeable per the transcript, answers lots of points that newbies are posting. Interesting to see the point about the appeal.

What if the worker or free pair disagrees with the end users status determination statements? Do they have a right of appeal?

No, that’s a big misunderstanding. They don’t have a formal right of appeal. They have a right to an explanation. And if the end user doesn’t give an explanation within 45 days, then the end user’s liable.

Comment

Working...
        X