• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scare Mongering Emails???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
    Send this to the House of Lords as an example of the kind of bottom-feeders this 'reform' is empowering. There will be people who will fall for this out of fear of what the Treasury is doing, and they (the Treasury) are taking no responsibility for the fallout of their actions.
    Yup - good idea.

Though just don't send it to Jesse Norman...!

Comment

I've removed the contact details from the original post to stop spider bots from using it as a way to boost rankings for that "business", whose website was only registered last month
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by jds 1981 View Post
        The phone number comes up as a recruitment agent of you Google it
        Well there aren't any contracts around at the moment so what does a tulip saleswoman do beyond finding something else to sell.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

And yes, they are a recruitment consultancy run by a 55 year old lady in Wrexham, under a few different names. One of the other names is actually registered at CoHo and has been for 18 months (yet to submit any accounts). The current domain used for the email in the first post is very similar to a healthcare firm who is unrelated to them.
          Their LinkedIn profile is just repeating the same post about HMRC - 10 times in the last 6 days.

And while they appear to be a big company, several of the posts on LI use "I" not "We" when referring to the business.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            I've removed the contact details from the original post to stop spider bots from using it as a way to boost rankings for that "business", whose website was only registered last month
            Good call. Sorry about that. Didn't even think.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
              Send this to the House of Lords as an example of the kind of bottom-feeders this 'reform' is empowering. There will be people who will fall for this out of fear of what the Treasury is doing, and they (the Treasury) are taking no responsibility for the fallout of their actions.
              In all seriousness, I'd send it the people in the recent webcast for the Finance Bill Sub-Committee on 10th Feb.

These guys seemed to be asking all the right questions. Well, most of them...

https://parliamentlive.tv/Event/Inde...6-1804aed622f8
              1. Lord Bridges of Hedley
              2. Anita Monteith, Tax technical lead and Senior Policy Adviser, Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
              3. Justine Riccomini, Head of Taxation (Scottish Taxes, Employment & ICAS Tax Community), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland;
              4. Jason Piper, Head of Tax and Business Law – Professional Insights, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Yep, it's bollocks.

Great company name though!
                WMSS - absolute garbage.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                X