• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To anyone who's carrying outside post 6th April

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No matter how you look at it, the risk associated with an outside contract post-April is substantially lower than the risk pre-April because the entire supply chain has a vested interest in defending your status and YourCo is never liable, absent fraud (very high bar indeed).

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly View Post
      I have also been pre-briefed about working practices which I may have not been familiar in the past but which are crucial in reinforcing my 'outside' status and I need to follow rigidly.
      What are those out of curiosity?

I'd say that going brolly after already being there on a contract via Ltd is probably more risky or at least would draw more attention that carrying on outside.

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post
        What are those out of curiosity?

I'd say that going brolly after already being there on a contract via Ltd is probably more risky or at least would draw more attention that carrying on outside.
        dsc, sorry mate can't say. The client has paid a lot of money for these IR35 consultancy services and have asked me not to discuss details, even anonymously.

To be honest, I am just looking to protect myself, that is it.

I have never worked for this client before, neither as Ltd contractor, brolly or permie. This would be the first time I would be doing any work for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly View Post
          Just a sanity check. If I have been offered a contract with a new client starting post-6th April 2020 which the client says is outside IR35, is there anything I should be concerned about?

From what I have been reading, there should be no concern. If there was any subsequent IR35 fallout, it would land on the client not on me. Is this correct?
          Just make sure it is the client that says it is outside, not that the agent has said that the client said it is outside. They are not necessarily the same thing... And, as others have said, ask for the SDS/proof of determination.

Comment

Working...
          X