• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going inside

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going inside

Hi,

Looks like my client is putting everyone inside. I'll hang around until I find something else, I'd rather be bringing something in then dipping into my warchest.

But I have a question on how the PAYE is paid. Do I invoice as normally and pay it in my SA or does my client take the tax before paying me the rest?

Thanks

VC

Tolling in professional.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...st2719248.html

Last edited by northernladuk; 27 February 2020, 21:22.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yeah originally agent and client claimed it was outside. Now they're doing a determination and I'm expecting it to be inside.

Sucks but that's business

Comment

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
        Hi,

Looks like my client is putting everyone inside. I'll hang around until I find something else, I'd rather be bringing something in then dipping into my warchest.

But I have a question on how the PAYE is paid. Do I invoice as normally and pay it in my SA or does my client take the tax before paying me the rest?

Thanks

VC
        yes, you do.
        definitely.

Comment

I am seriously debating to go on some technical training courses whilst I can still expense them, and start doing hands-on stuff.

Sounds to me like SoW Contracts will be the way to go. Probably a lot more of them out there for techies that can charge for deliverables.

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post
            I am seriously debating to go on some technical training courses whilst I can still expense them, and start doing hands-on stuff.

Sounds to me like SoW Contracts will be the way to go. Probably a lot more of them out there for techies that can charge for deliverables.
            How do you mean hands on? What do you do now? If you are a learning a new skill then training expenses aren't allowable.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X