• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Rights Employees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I do a cursory search.

I even double check before posting on Dead Celebrities as invariably someone gets there before me.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
      A major search is looking for a lost puppy in the peak district, not typing a couple of keywords in google!

Perfect!

Comment

A major search is looking for a lost puppy in the peak district, not typing a couple of keywords in google!
        Oh dear that was hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post
          So every time you post something you do major searches to see if anyone else has done so? Man you must have a lot of time on your hands)

This is a great website, never saw it until it was re-posted. I usually come on here between contracts, this means that it can be many months or even years before I spend time reading stuff. usually I just glance.
          I typically use the following test. Look at the posters join date. Look at the total number of posts. Look at the tone of their response. You can generally work out whether to accept or ignore the 'advice' based on that formula.

There are websites out there to help you if you can't wait for a response:

www.northernladukcommentgenerator.co.uk
          Last edited by pacontracting; 3 March 2020, 08:03.

Comment

The only people that reposts annoy are the people who read every single post, and who GAF about them

Thanks for (re-)sharing OP

Comment

Originally posted by pacontracting View Post

There are websites out there to help you if you can't wait for a response:

www.northernladukcommentgenerator.co.uk
              I think its broken - I got a response that didn't mention an accountant.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                I think its broken - I got a response that didn't mention an accountant.

I think that's selective reading on your part.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pacontracting View Post
                  Anyone seen this yet?

norightsemployee.uk
                  Thanks for posting this. I hadn't seen it before.

Comment

Sure, but if the post gets burried, what's the problem in re-posting? Not like we are killing the planet or something worse (coughing, sneazing, yawning and not covering our mouths).

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post
                      Sure, but if the post gets burried, what's the problem in re-posting? Not like we are killing the planet or something worse (coughing, sneazing, yawning and not covering our mouths).
                      Because its the same few people thst have to repost the same answers over and over and the quality of the response diminishes. A bit of help yourself does everyone some good.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X