• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dave Chaplain / Contractor Calculator "BIG IR35 Survey"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave Chaplain / Contractor Calculator "BIG IR35 Survey"

As always excellent work by Dave and co, very interesting reading

Dave Chaplin on LinkedIn: Off-Payroll / IR35 - BIG Survey - report | 44 comments
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    As always excellent work by Dave and co, very interesting reading

Dave Chaplin on LinkedIn: Off-Payroll / IR35 - BIG Survey - report | 44 comments
    It will be dismissed as self-selecting - he's got a lot of information though there which I don't think he is using to the best effect.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Considering the flaws in the survey design, it's still an impressive data set

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Considering the flaws in the survey design, it's still an impressive data set
        I didn't look at the survey - my comment was based on the fact people earn between £100 and £1200(can't remember) a day with no breakdown on rate - which would have carried a lot more use..

Mind you I make money from betting on politics which basically boils down to being able to understand the details within the raw data better than the people using that data.

Comment

This is something interesting:

Firms subject contractors to unlawful double tax charge

• 54% say that employer’s NI is being unlawfully deducted from their contract rate. [Q37]

• 43% of respondents are aware that employer’s NI cannot lawfully be deducted from their rate.
          [Q38]

• However, 45% have been told falsely that being found ‘inside IR35’ meant they are liable for
          employer’s NI. [Q39]

• 14% of contractors have been told that their contract rate is an “assignment rate” from which
          employer’s NI is deducted. [Q40]

Now, it's been discussed here and all umbrella bods were explaining how it is, and that ErNIC must be deducted from the day rate.

Q38 - why ER NIC can not be deducted from the day rate? Which law is that?

What is the definite answer here?

Comment

Originally posted by abz2020 View Post
            This is something interesting:

Now, it's been discussed here and all umbrella bods were explaining how it is, and that ErNIC must be deducted from the day rate.

Q38 - why ER NIC can not be deducted from the day rate? Which law is that?

What is the definite answer here?
            There is no law to say it can't, your rate will just be reduced by however match the ER NIC's are
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              There is no law to say it can't, your rate will just be reduced by however match the ER NIC's are
              THe new key information documents that Agencies need to give workers will spell things out.

Personally I don't think umbrella rates should be being used but until the regulations and these documents start appearing even agencies haven't got a clue what they need to do..

Half this mess is due to teaching and health agencies discovering that agencies advertising £150 a day contracts were getting all the business even though the end rate was really the same - the agency would ignore the Employers NI and leave the teacher with a nasty surprise later. Key information documents will make that a bit easier.
              Last edited by eek; 5 March 2020, 15:18.

Comment

Anyone know how his chat with Treasury Ministers went?

Seems strange he hasn't posted on LinkedIn about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
                  Anyone know how his chat with Treasury Ministers went?

Seems strange he hasn't posted on LinkedIn about it.
                  +1

Comment

Originally posted by wiffwaffwaa View Post
                    +1
                    Option 1: It was a figment of his imagination
                    Option 2: he didn't actually meet any ministers
                    Option 3: They told him that it was going ahead

Pick one of the above (my guess is that it was 2).

Comment

Working...
                    X