• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hypothetical Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hypothetical Question

Let’s say there is a fictitious contractor in contract at client since Jan. Blanket inside determination by client. Perm offer made. What’s the likely worst that could happen re retro liabilities if perm offer is accepted? Come at me!

Not easy to find as the outside inside lot and nothing much in the way of penalties...

Next....
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The HMRC inspector that comes after you sits across the table from you and sneezes all over you, you get coronavirus, and after infecting everyone you care about you survive, but everyone you know now hates you for it. While you are delirious with a high fever, your wife empties all your accounts, pays for an expensive holiday for two with your credit card, and goes off with the HMRC inspector, who has fully recovered.

Comment

Oh, and a word of advice, never ask what's the worst that can happen and then say "Come at me."

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Spector View Post
          Let’s say there is a fictitious contractor in contract at client since Jan. Blanket inside determination by client. Perm offer made. What’s the likely worst that could happen re retro liabilities if perm offer is accepted? Come at me!
          Worse could be

Goes to toilet Friday afternoon, dies of heart attack mid poo and not found till Monday morning, without getting his time sheet signed

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            Worse could be

Goes to toilet Friday afternoon, dies of heart attack mid poo and not found till Monday morning, without getting his time sheet signed

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            Death in service would apply if not found until Monday, but nice try!

Comment

Wrong forum for the "come at me" bait.

Sensible: assuming Jan 2020 start, that's only three months. Retrospectively treat those three months as inside and pay the taxes due.

Alternative: building on WiB's tale. After your wife has run off with the HMRC inspector, he literally and figuratively pumps her for information about the way you run your LtdCo, hearing about how you put a 75" TV through the company as a "monitor" and that the kitchen extension was also a company expense so you could reclaim the VAT. Suntanned and relaxed from a holiday at your expense, he realised he's now got the clap and opens an enquiry into all your past contracts and hauls your fevered arse over coals. You fail to lube up in time and end up sore in places you never knew existed.

Comment

You could find you your next door neighbour is PC who's best mates with your other neighbour who tuns out to be Mb31 who is married to JtB.

/thread
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  You could find you your next door neighbour is PC who's best mates with your other neighbour who tuns out to be Mb31 who is married to JtB.

/thread
                  Damn... That's harsh

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Wrong forum for the "come at me" bait.

Sensible: assuming Jan 2020 start, that's only three months. Retrospectively treat those three months as inside and pay the taxes due.
                    Let’s also say that the contract was reviewed and classed as outside, and working practices in accordance. TLC35 policy in place for all previous work. Perm role is different job title etc. Do you see any grounds for as you say treating the 3 months as inside? (Also given the client determination was a blanket, not case by case)

Comment

Working...
                    X