• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many Public sector contractors who switched to inside have been investigated?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many Public sector contractors who switched to inside have been investigated?

There is an awful lot of doom and gloom on these forums about the real possibility of HMRC coming after the public sector contractors who switch from Outside to Inside and stay at the same gig.

I think it's probably down to us being a suspicious lot and our natural hatred for IR35 ... and the recent Nationwide case.

Has anybody heard of any public sector contractors who have been bitten by this?

Originally posted by mogga71 View Post
    There is an awful lot of doom and gloom on these forums about the real possibility of HMRC coming after the public sector contractors who switch from Outside to Inside and stay at the same gig.

I think it's probably down to us being a suspicious lot and our natural hatred for IR35 ... and the recent Nationwide case.

Has anybody heard of any public sector contractors who have been bitten by this?
    1 year to go before HMRC have to close the case book.

1) why do you think the private sector changes aren’t being delayed
    2) I suspect we will have an idea in July but the full will not be clear until April 21
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Notwithstanding the valid point above about there being another year to open investigations, one (senior person at an) agency told me the grand total does not exceed zero.

I obviously did not believe him, but I've not seen any evidence to suggest otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
        Notwithstanding the valid point above about there being another year to open investigations, one (senior person at an) agency told me the grand total does not exceed zero.
        How would any agency know? They may know their own numbers but not that of other agencies...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          How would any agency know? They may know their own numbers but not that of other agencies...
          Because this was a senior person who has significant experience in the industry, knows it inside out and has regular discussions with HMRC.

Do you know otherwise? Has ANYONE produced ANY evidence that it has ever happened?

(I should point out that my discussion was actually in the context of Outside -> Umbrella, not Outside -> Inside, so a different dataset)

Comment

Working...
          X