• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outside determination

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outside determination

Have Outside WP determination from QDos, confirmed by client now (yes, took them some time).

- been contracting with them for 8 years;
    - first 5 years through agency, then switched to direct;
    - once going direct, had contracts reviewed by QDos;
    - haven't discussed IR35 directly with client until a month ago, it took some convincing and explaining;
    - now just carrying on with current contract past April.

I did observe all the sanities during all these years - having myself referred to as contractor on internal documents, avoiding any position titles mentioned in correspondence, other small things. Oh, and I do have a control of where and when I work.

But it's still a bittersweet small victory - now that I have to live with a constant prospect of HMRC knocking, even though I did my best to prepare.

Comment

Working...
    X