• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House of Lords sub-committee on IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House of Lords sub-committee on IR35

It's a long watch but worth it. Yesterday it was HMRC giving their views to the committee. The three HMRC automatons gave the parroted, cut and paste responses you would expect them to, all of them fluent in management speak b*llocks. The Welsh woman in the middle seemed a particularly nasty piece of work. She also used the word 'customers'

Parliamentlive.tv - Finance Bill Sub-Committee
    Last edited by giftednumber10; 17 March 2020, 10:50.

Originally posted by giftednumber10 View Post
    It's a long watch but worth it. Yesterday it was HMRC giving their views to the committee. The three HMRC automatons gave the parroted, cut and paste responses you would expect them to, all of them fluent in management speak b*llocks. The Welsh woman in the middle seemed a particularly nasty piece of work.

Parliamentlive.tv - Finance Bill Sub-Committee
    Just 30 seconds google will tell you everything you need to know

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ember_2019.pdf

the people involved with this are not junior members of staff - this reform is going ahead...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

the people involved with this are not junior members of staff - this reform is going ahead...
      Perversely the only hope of IR35 surviving for another year is the devastation to the economy being caused by the virus.

Whilst I think that using this episode and its casualties is stopping to the bottom of the barrel, it does appear to me that this is becoming a real possibility.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
        Perversely the only hope of IR35 surviving for another year is the devastation to the economy being caused by the virus.

Whilst I think that using this episode and its casualties is stopping to the bottom of the barrel, it does appear to me that this is becoming a real possibility.
        I suspect the finance bill will be going through on the nod - as it has to be done by April 5th and everything is about to shutdown for weeks...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          I suspect the finance bill will be going through on the nod - as it has to be done by April 5th and everything is about to shutdown for weeks...
          Already announced that all parliamentary business related to the budget will be approved without a vote.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
          X