House of Lords sub-committee on IR35 House of Lords sub-committee on IR35
Posts 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    Default House of Lords sub-committee on IR35

    It's a long watch but worth it. Yesterday it was HMRC giving their views to the committee. The three HMRC automatons gave the parroted, cut and paste responses you would expect them to, all of them fluent in management speak b*llocks. The Welsh woman in the middle seemed a particularly nasty piece of work. She also used the word 'customers'

    Parliamentlive.tv - Finance Bill Sub-Committee
    Last edited by giftednumber10; 17th March 2020 at 10:50.

  2. #2

    bored now

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    24,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giftednumber10 View Post
    It's a long watch but worth it. Yesterday it was HMRC giving their views to the committee. The three HMRC automatons gave the parroted, cut and paste responses you would expect them to, all of them fluent in management speak b*llocks. The Welsh woman in the middle seemed a particularly nasty piece of work.

    Parliamentlive.tv - Finance Bill Sub-Committee
    Just 30 seconds google will tell you everything you need to know

    https://assets.publishing.service.go...ember_2019.pdf

    the people involved with this are not junior members of staff - this reform is going ahead...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  3. #3

    Super poster


    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    WTT Consulting Ltd - London and online
    Posts
    3,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post

    the people involved with this are not junior members of staff - this reform is going ahead...
    Perversely the only hope of IR35 surviving for another year is the devastation to the economy being caused by the virus.

    Whilst I think that using this episode and its casualties is stopping to the bottom of the barrel, it does appear to me that this is becoming a real possibility.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

    (No, me neither).

  4. #4

    bored now

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    24,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webberg View Post
    Perversely the only hope of IR35 surviving for another year is the devastation to the economy being caused by the virus.

    Whilst I think that using this episode and its casualties is stopping to the bottom of the barrel, it does appear to me that this is becoming a real possibility.
    I suspect the finance bill will be going through on the nod - as it has to be done by April 5th and everything is about to shutdown for weeks...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  5. #5

    Nice But Dim

    DaveB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    20,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    I suspect the finance bill will be going through on the nod - as it has to be done by April 5th and everything is about to shutdown for weeks...
    Already announced that all parliamentary business related to the budget will be approved without a vote.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •