• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Furlough anyone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Have a read of my post on furloughs and MoO and feel free to disagree. No one has posted yet but I can't be completely right....
    Thank you very much for putting this together, greatly appreciated. To me it demonstrates how useless the legislation is if it open to interpretation and requiring a judgement at tribunal or in court. But of course we all know that.

Comment

Originally posted by SciaticaSucks View Post
      Thank you very much for putting this together, greatly appreciated. To me it demonstrates how useless the legislation is if it open to interpretation and requiring a judgement at tribunal or in court. But of course we all know that.
      I though I'd quoted a court case?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I though I'd quoted a court case?
        Sorry, I was clumsily trying to state that it is poor legislation if after nearly 20 years it still requires a court judgement, and that the decision can be dependent upon what judge is sitting that day and what mood they happen to be in. I realise that things can't always be black and white but HMRC prey on this uncertainty and the threat that comes with it.

Comment

My current client is looking to see what projects can be stopped, so you know what the next step will be...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            And as the OP states it will show a lack of MoO which would render the inside verdict at the very least unfair....
            In my opinion, more than unfair. It goes very much against the ethos of being in a permanent position as dictated by being Inside.

It would therefore be ammunition for the contractor to take to the HMRC as part of a case to demonstrate Actual working conditions, these very same conditions that can only be commented upon After the signing of SDS's, and to grab back various taxes, however that might be done further down the road.

The client can't have it both ways. Inside equates to a permanent ideology and, in this case, MoO. Outside, the client can fling as many furloughs across as they want.

Comment

Working...
            X