IR35 Pulled Out Of Finance Bill Until April 2021 IR35 Pulled Out Of Finance Bill Until April 2021 - Page 11
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Posts 101 to 110 of 128

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Yeah but I've come 2nd every year since...
    Not according to your missus

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    Not according to your missus
    I hope she didn't admit it's 4th...
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Nervous Newbie

Chief Secretary to the Treasury, Stephen Barclay said this about the IR35 decision:

“This is a deferral in response to the ongoing spread of Covid-19 to help businesses and individuals,”

So then, does the government admit that introducing IR35 reforms in the current (covid-19 outbreak) climate may induce further damage to the economy?

Does it not imply that IR35 reforms would have damaged the economy (in some extent) anyway, corona-virus disruption or not!
    Last edited by thesquaremile; 18th March 2020 at 16:11.

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by burnzdog View Post
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!! 9 years is a long time.....
    It reminds me of our local chip shop that still has "Chip Shop of the Year 2004" in a (now very faded) award in its window.

Nice But Dim

If the Lords committees keep up the pressure by asking for actual facts in response to questions and not just the usual blather, and the industry keeps up the pressure by pointing out the damage being done to the economy there may be a slim chance that HMG decide to quietly shelve it altogether once the damage being done becomes apparent.

We can but hope.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Still gathering requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by Graham1967 View Post
    In the commons Stephen Barclay has pulled it out of tonights bill until April 2021.
    Perhaps the OP or admin should correct the title. IR35 itself has not been pulled out. Just the private sector reforms... for now....
    ... just in case the title unnecessarily gives the noobs any brilliant ideas.

Still gathering requirements...

Hard to verify but quite a few reports on here of companies (inc. biggies like Shell) reversing decisions and continuing to allow Ltd Co's.

Find fairer IR35 clients. OffPayroll.org.uk

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by Highland View Post
    Hard to verify but quite a few reports on here of companies (inc. biggies like Shell) reversing decisions and continuing to allow Ltd Co's.

Find fairer IR35 clients. OffPayroll.org.uk
    The company I currently work for has given the go ahead for limited companies again roday, so its business as usual. I was being setup as outside after contesting my mistaken determination of inside. It was a blanket determination unless you contested with evidence, very lazy way to do things but it worked I guess
    Many didnt argue and most now are stuck in PAYE, but they were the ones who were inside anyway.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by creativity View Post
    The company I currently work for has given the go ahead for limited companies again roday, so its business as usual. I was being setup as outside after contesting my mistaken determination of inside. It was a blanket determination unless you contested with evidence, very lazy way to do things but it worked I guess
    Many didnt argue and most now are stuck in PAYE, but they were the ones who were inside anyway.
    Similar here. I kicked back against my inside SDS but client HR are now saying that they won't be following it up so I'm left with an inside SDS and my rebuttal on record. Fighting hard to get the outside determination made - COA and new schedule with proper deliverables looks like being worst case. HR are a lazy bunch of twunts; none of this has been of my own making as I was miles outside anyway.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Similar here. I kicked back against my inside SDS but client HR are now saying that they won't be following it up so I'm left with an inside SDS and my rebuttal on record. Fighting hard to get the outside determination made - COA and new schedule with proper deliverables looks like being worst case. HR are a lazy bunch of twunts; none of this has been of my own making as I was miles outside anyway.
    Indeed, a very similar situation. For what it's worth with the fighting (arguments) on record and the fact the pre april determinations aren't legal but only an opinion which was likely wrong due to incorrect process (laziness, blanket assessments), there is very little chance HMRC will attack.
    So safe in my opinion. Besides you and I know we are in the right with our own assessments. Those that rolled over and took it all were more than likely inside.