• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Pulled Out Of Finance Bill Until April 2021

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very, very interesting. A lot of harm has been done and won't be undone.

But some clients will probably roll back some of their decisions at least for their current projects.

And at least now people should have the actual legislation to look at when figuring out how to respond.

It gives one more year for sanity to break out in government, too. You'd be a fool to expect that to happen but stranger things have happened before.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Think about it a little bit.......
      I'm trying to, but its been a loooooong day and my brain is fried.

Comment

That's insane.
        Next thing we'll be hearing we won't have to pay VAT or corporation tax for a few months, and they'll give cash payouts to anyone benched

Comment

Phew, I was just about to sign an inside role. I hope verbal agreement doesn't count :-)

Do we have a term to handle those 'tractors' who went perm recently?
          Last edited by BigDataPro; 17 March 2020, 20:12.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post

Do we have a term to handle those 'tractors' who went perm recently?
            A John Deere.

Comment

Presumably it's just the changes to IR35 that have been pulled and IR35 still exists? For me an observation, is that a lot of firms really see contractors as temporary staff, and now that the determination has reverted back to the contractor I'd say due diligence on contract reviews and insurance were especially paramount.

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
                Presumably it's just the changes to IR35 that have been pulled and IR35 still exists? For me an observation, is that a lot of firms really see contractors as temporary staff, and now that the determination has reverted back to the contractor I'd say due diligence on contract reviews and insurance were especially paramount.
                Qdos Insurance Questionnaire: Q1 - Has an inside IR35 SDS ever been issued for this engagement?

Wonder if clients who haven't issued SDS' to all contractors yet will continue the process or just stop. An outside SDS, even though no longer required, would be great to have all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Highland View Post
                  Qdos Insurance Questionnaire: Q1 - Has an inside IR35 SDS ever been issued for this engagement?

Wonder if clients who haven't issued SDS' to all contractors yet will continue the process or just stop. An outside SDS, even though no longer required, would be great to have all the same.
                  An outside sds would surely help in the event of an investigation as it gives the client's view of the engagement, and presumably the working practices which are key.

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
                    An outside sds would surely help in the event of an investigation as it gives the client's view of the engagement, and presumably the working practices which are key.
                    Indeed yes... but what if you haven't got an SDS yet and the client might issue an inside one... You then lose the chance to operate outside (for these purposes, the client's assessment was blanket and of course totally incorrect) Well, you could of course continue to work outside with an inside SDS sitting there but that would be negligent.

And it's some big faceless part of the client issuing the SDS and they won't tell you the result before issue....

God it's exciting.

Comment

Bloody shocked. Never thought they'd actually pull it.

Admit it, there's a small part of you thinking, Thank you Covid-19!

qh
                      Last edited by quackhandle; 17 March 2020, 20:48.
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X