• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Pulled Out Of Finance Bill Until April 2021

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Highland View Post
    Indeed yes... but what if you haven't got an SDS yet and the client might issue an inside one... You then lose the chance to operate outside (for these purposes, the client's assessment was blanket and of course totally incorrect) Well, you could of course continue to work outside with an inside SDS sitting there but that would be negligent.

And it's some big faceless part of the client issuing the SDS and they won't tell you the result before issue....

God it's exciting.
    Indeed. Assuming you're there and are still then in a year, then you're building up a significant risk, at best (no SDS), or operating negligently, at worst (inside SDS received). I suppose the former is no worse than the current situation insofar as you don't know how a client will present their views to HMRC or at tribunal. But some numpties will surely get caught out by the latter and bury their heads.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
      Bloody shocked. Never thought they'd actually pull it.

Admit it, there's a small part of you thinking, Thank you Covid-19!

qh
      I'll drink to that.

<mod snip>
      no nudity please. Get an Italian VPN and log in to the hub pro for free
      </ mod snip>

Comment

Interesting times for anyone who jumped quickly and just completed an MVL or is indeed still half way through MVL. Not saying it was the wrong choice for them, but still a WTF moment.

Comment

My outside gig finished, so I picked up an inside role, started to wind my company up and am three weeks in to life with a brolly company.

WTAF.

I am now waiting for the ghost of Jeremy Beadle to pop out from behind the sofa.

Honestly, WTAF.

Comment

So a bat in China managed to do more to combat IR35 than IPSE or Dave Chaplin combined?
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              If you've had an inside SDS, you would be absolutely nuts to stay there and operate outside IMHO.
              Just another excuse now for more retrospective action for HMRC
              to go back to 2020 in a few years time even with the delay to starting this next year.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                So a bat in China managed to do more to combat IR35 than IPSE or Dave Chaplin combined?
                Chaplin will still try to claim credit for this though.

Comment

Curiosity got the better of me so I checked the LinkedIn feed.... Someone might literally explode tonight in an orgy of self congratulation while followers line up to anoint their new king.

Comment

Originally posted by Iter View Post
                    Just another excuse now for more retrospective action for HMRC
                    to go back to 2020 in a few years time even with the delay to starting this next year.
                    Totally agree with this. Strangely, it's possibly made things even worse for many contractors. The HMRC now have got the outside to inside 'flippers' and many of them will probably continue at same place now and can be stung for even more.

However there are 2 massive problems. 1. The big clients will stick to their guns as its too far down the line to change 2. We won't have a job anyway in 2 months and the big clients have got much bigger issues than iR35 now.

Comment

Originally posted by ascender View Post
                      My outside gig finished, so I picked up an inside role, started to wind my company up and am three weeks in to life with a brolly company.

WTAF.

I am now waiting for the ghost of Jeremy Beadle to pop out from behind the sofa.

Honestly, WTAF.
                      Similar to me, due to start an inside brolly role this coming Monday having finished an outside gig about 4 weeks ago.

I'll stay put with the inside role for now to let the dust settle. Interested in seeing whether things go back to how they were ir35 wise, for the next 11-12 months, or whether the larger companies stick with only engaging with umbrellas.

My guess would be a bunch of 3-6 month outside contracts pop up...

Comment

Working...
                      X