• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Pulled Out Of Finance Bill Until April 2021

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

But you've got a determination. You are inside and have been all along. The longer you stay outside the bigger your tax bill when this does land.
    Not wanting to repeat an old argument but this isn't necessarily so. Many clients deliberately engineered an inside IR35 determination, stating things that were not the working practice. Despite appeals pointing out why they were wrong the response was all contractors are inside IR35, take it or leave. It is very much in their interest to have contractors inside IR35 as it removes any risk of retrospective action by HMRC for themselves and the bad publicity that would entail.

Just because you get an inside IR35 SDS from the client doesn't automatically make it inside IR35. However, you are on more difficult ground if you accept the inside SDS and continue in the same role.

Just my opinion, but I am just a 'nervous newbie'

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      How would you handle it?
      Judging by the username, he would just escape!

Where? I suggest North Korea; they seem to be managing it pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by SciaticaSucks View Post
        Not wanting to repeat an old argument but this isn't necessarily so. Many clients deliberately engineered an inside IR35 determination, stating things that were not the working practice. Despite appeals pointing out why they were wrong the response was all contractors are inside IR35, take it or leave. It is very much in their interest to have contractors inside IR35 as it removes any risk of retrospective action by HMRC for themselves and the bad publicity that would entail.

Just because you get an inside IR35 SDS from the client doesn't automatically make it inside IR35. However, you are on more difficult ground if you accept the inside SDS and continue in the same role.

Just my opinion, but I am just a 'nervous newbie'
        For a lot of contractors at large clients and have just flipped from outside to inside and plan to stay at same gig, IMHO nothing really has changed. If I were them I would still close the Company down. HMRC now know they are inside ... but its entirely up to contractor to see if its worth it or not.

The only thing that may have changed slightly is that using an MVL to close the company means that if iR35 is delayed for even longer (could happen if things go horribly wrong in economy) then it means the Ltd Company is now off the table if the contractor wants to move.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
          Contractors? More like everyone. The way this is being handled will destroy our economy and usher in a depression worse than any seen before.
          6 weeks it'll all be over. Look at China.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            And as expected.
            Dave Chaplin on LinkedIn: Home | 299 comments

The statement below won't make a difference to the fact he will take all the credit.

Pretty poor IMO.
            That is nauseating.

I had to unfollow him on there weeks ago.

The amount of a**licking that goes on...

Like you say, he will try and claim credit for this...

Comment

I've been in the same gig since May last year, and was determined as outside IR35 in January. However, company has been dragging it's feet on the contract, and I'm still awaiting a revised contract (current deal ends in May, but my understanding was that contract would have to be changed before 6th April).

Fair to assume existing deal will be allowed to continue for now?

Comment

This is great news, as they say every cloud has a silver lining.

Haven't been on here long and only posted a couple of times but reading through posts I can see like every other internet forum this has it's fair share of doom mongers.

Comment

Originally posted by ruprechtmonboy View Post
                  This is great news, as they say every cloud has a silver lining.

Haven't been on here long and only posted a couple of times but reading through posts I can see like every other internet forum this has it's fair share of doom mongers.
                  More than their fair share I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by Highland View Post
                    Qdos Insurance Questionnaire: Q1 - Has an inside IR35 SDS ever been issued for this engagement?

Wonder if clients who haven't issued SDS' to all contractors yet will continue the process or just stop. An outside SDS, even though no longer required, would be great to have all the same.
                    No such thing as an "outside SDS" as far as I'm aware. Either your in or you might be in.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
                      More than their fair share I'd say.
                      Let me introduce you to the people who post in the https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...eme-enquiries/

There is a reason why we are probably more "be careful" rather than "yep go ahead - nowt will happen" as we can see what might happen
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X