• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Pulled Out Of Finance Bill Until April 2021

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that we have a year, I just wish there was some kind of an association for freelancers that would take the government to the court demanding sick pay in exchange for PAYE tax and NI...

Oh hang on, we do have such an association.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Let me introduce you to the people who post in the https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...eme-enquiries/

There is a reason why we are probably more "be careful" rather than "yep go ahead - nowt will happen" as we can see what might happen
      No doubt there's concerns and reality but the OP said "doom mongers" - that's just unhelpful comments, saying there's no hope and we're all fooked. That's not advising caution, that's just being a a-hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Manic View Post
        6 weeks it'll all be over. Look at China.
        The team i work with is based in China. Update from this morning, they are still all working from home, and HAVE to wear masks outside the house. Wuhan is still in lockdown. they expect to be back in the office within a couple of weeks.

But China is not t ROTW. They have far more control and moved to lockdown impacted areas much faster and with more vigour than in the UK. Wuhan population is 60mln.

It will rage for much longer over here and will return, if it ever goes away.

Comment

plus and minus

this deferral as other have noted has a couple of principal connotations,

1 - the market is open for new outside gigs (assuming the market is still there!) bonus

2 - if you've been deemed inside by your end client being 'proactive' then unless you have the option to successfully challenge this and arrive at an outside SDS then you are by inference inside irrespective of whose responsibility it is the make the determination i.e. you've deemed yourself inside and may have a supporting validation (e.g. from QDOS) BUT your end client has looked at your assignment and deemed it inside which directly contradicts your own determination:

"Dear End Client, Mr HMRC is investigating my status, can you verify my working practices as outside please..."

End Client, "Errm actually no as we have deemed you inside...good luck!"

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
            No doubt there's concerns and reality but the OP said "doom mongers" - that's just unhelpful comments, saying there's no hope and we're all fooked. That's not advising caution, that's just being a a-hole.
            Says the guy that doesn't post anything useful and just posts pulling apart the guys that have spent a lot of time commenting on this. I think you need to look a bit closer to home to find the a-hole
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
              Interesting times for anyone who jumped quickly and just completed an MVL or is indeed still half way through MVL. Not saying it was the wrong choice for them, but still a WTF moment.
              This was the first thing I thought of when I heard it had been pulled for another year.

I'm not sure of the numbers but i'm sure it's quite significant, a lot of people were trying to get the MVL's in before 11 March (when it was originally announced in the red book) - now must be kicking themselves but they weren't to know this would happen.

Comment

And they can't just open another company and start again either....
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CompoundOverload View Post
                  This was the first thing I thought of when I heard it had been pulled for another year.

I'm not sure of the numbers but i'm sure it's quite significant, a lot of people were trying to get the MVL's in before 11 March (when it was originally announced in the red book) - now must be kicking themselves but they weren't to know this would happen.
                  Said it before, these aren't true contractors. You don't liquidate your company at the first sign of trouble. Not unless you were really a permie all along. I have absolutely no compassion for those that have either liquidated their company or jumped on the payroll. Hell, the legislation changes never even came in!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    So a bat in China managed to do more to combat IR35 than IPSE or Dave Chaplin combined?
                    LOL

Am sure they will both take full credit and Dave will cash in with signed copies of his book.

Comment

The damage is already done, this should've been decided at the start of the year.

My contract is until the last week of March and they were going to issue me with a PAYE contract next week to sign, unsure what will happen now. I have a feeling they're going to stick with PAYE rather than continuing things as they are. I've asked my agency and should know this week what they decide.

Perhaps it's time to start searching again for outside, not sure if I want a target on my back.

Comment

Working...
                      X