• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Pulled Out Of Finance Bill Until April 2021

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OneManBand View Post
    I almost pulled the trigger and nearly closed the company. I instructed my accountant and engaged an MVL practitioner. Then once day it struck me that I should give it a year and see what happens, so I called the whole thing off.

Of course I didn't see this announcement coming but I am currently in an engagement that is deemed outside by the client, so I am still operating through the company and I made the right decision (for now).
    Me too..I was always optimistic something would happen..current role is Outside...there was a question mark come April but thats been lifted for now anyway, Id cut done my expenses on Ltd Company, moved bank account and online accounts package..but the whole process was unneccassary and has caused great harm.

Comment

Question. So does that mean that companies no longer have to provide a SDS for forthcoming roles whether in or outside? I never quite understood what really the SDS did other than give you an answer. Im about to renew, should a SDS be provided on roles going forward?

Comment

Been told this morning that the signed off "SDS" that was done showing me as outside, will no longer be sent out as the client no longer required to assess contractors in light of the Govt back tracking.

Pretty annoyed they have dragged their heels and at the 11th hour this Govt pull the plug and my written outside determination goes.

Livid!

Comment

Originally posted by burnzdog View Post
          Question. So does that mean that companies no longer have to provide a SDS for forthcoming roles whether in or outside? I never quite understood what really the SDS did other than give you an answer. Im about to renew, should a SDS be provided on roles going forward?
          Yes they no longer have to provide SDS as that was only necessary as a result of this piece of the finance bill passing. However, if they would've issued you with an outside one... try and get them to do it!

What the SDS did? It removed the responsibility (optionality?) for the contract to make the decision themselves, whilst also removing lots of risk for those deemed outside.

IR35 changes delayed due to COVID-19 | ICAEW

Comment

How can you never really understand what was about to hit in 3 weeks and was leading you to lose 30% of your income? Surely it's in your best interest to try understand it. If you'd understood the situation that the entire contracting community was facing you would have understood enough to not have to ask this question.

You shouldn't be making statements like this 3 weeks before it should have hit.

I think I need a forum holiday... This is just ridiculous.
            Last edited by northernladuk; 18 March 2020, 13:46.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CompoundOverload View Post
              Been told this morning that the signed off "SDS" that was done showing me as outside, will no longer be sent out as the client no longer required to assess contractors in light of the Govt back tracking.

Pretty annoyed they have dragged their heels and at the 11th hour this Govt pull the plug and my written outside determination goes.

Livid!
              My client weren't going to give me my SDS (outside) after last night's announcement; but I asked for it as they've already done all the work. They were happy to oblige.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                How can you never really understand what was about to hit in 3 weeks and was leading you to lose 30% of your income? Surely it's in your best interest to try understand it. If you'd understood the situation that the entire contracting community was facing you would have understood enough to not have to ask this question.

What I learned from the past few months and in trying to help so many of my fellow contractors is that most of them are within IR35 and thoroughly deserve to be. Not because they are thick or anything but just because that is the role and they have made absolutely no effort to understand IR35 or to work as an independent supplier.

Comment

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!! 9 years is a long time.....

Comment

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!! 9 years is a long time.....
                    Yeah but I've come 2nd every year since...
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yeah but I've come 2nd every year since...
                      Yeah that little emoji picks it everytime

Comment

Working...
                      X