• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Pulled Out Of Finance Bill Until April 2021

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Yeah but I've come 2nd every year since...
    Not according to your missus

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Not according to your missus
      I hope she didn't admit it's 4th...
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Chief Secretary to the Treasury, Stephen Barclay said this about the IR35 decision:

“This is a deferral in response to the ongoing spread of Covid-19 to help businesses and individuals,”

So then, does the government admit that introducing IR35 reforms in the current (covid-19 outbreak) climate may induce further damage to the economy?

Does it not imply that IR35 reforms would have damaged the economy (in some extent) anyway, corona-virus disruption or not!
        Last edited by thesquaremile; 18 March 2020, 16:11.

Comment

Originally posted by burnzdog View Post
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!! 9 years is a long time.....
          It reminds me of our local chip shop that still has "Chip Shop of the Year 2004" in a (now very faded) award in its window.

Comment

If the Lords committees keep up the pressure by asking for actual facts in response to questions and not just the usual blather, and the industry keeps up the pressure by pointing out the damage being done to the economy there may be a slim chance that HMG decide to quietly shelve it altogether once the damage being done becomes apparent.

We can but hope.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham1967 View Post
              In the commons Stephen Barclay has pulled it out of tonights bill until April 2021.
              Perhaps the OP or admin should correct the title. IR35 itself has not been pulled out. Just the private sector reforms... for now....
              ... just in case the title unnecessarily gives the noobs any brilliant ideas.

Comment

Hard to verify but quite a few reports on here of companies (inc. biggies like Shell) reversing decisions and continuing to allow Ltd Co's.

Find fairer IR35 clients. OffPayroll.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Highland View Post
                  Hard to verify but quite a few reports on here of companies (inc. biggies like Shell) reversing decisions and continuing to allow Ltd Co's.

Find fairer IR35 clients. OffPayroll.org.uk
                  The company I currently work for has given the go ahead for limited companies again roday, so its business as usual. I was being setup as outside after contesting my mistaken determination of inside. It was a blanket determination unless you contested with evidence, very lazy way to do things but it worked I guess
                  Many didnt argue and most now are stuck in PAYE, but they were the ones who were inside anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by creativity View Post
                    The company I currently work for has given the go ahead for limited companies again roday, so its business as usual. I was being setup as outside after contesting my mistaken determination of inside. It was a blanket determination unless you contested with evidence, very lazy way to do things but it worked I guess
                    Many didnt argue and most now are stuck in PAYE, but they were the ones who were inside anyway.
                    Similar here. I kicked back against my inside SDS but client HR are now saying that they won't be following it up so I'm left with an inside SDS and my rebuttal on record. Fighting hard to get the outside determination made - COA and new schedule with proper deliverables looks like being worst case. HR are a lazy bunch of twunts; none of this has been of my own making as I was miles outside anyway.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                      Similar here. I kicked back against my inside SDS but client HR are now saying that they won't be following it up so I'm left with an inside SDS and my rebuttal on record. Fighting hard to get the outside determination made - COA and new schedule with proper deliverables looks like being worst case. HR are a lazy bunch of twunts; none of this has been of my own making as I was miles outside anyway.
                      Indeed, a very similar situation. For what it's worth with the fighting (arguments) on record and the fact the pre april determinations aren't legal but only an opinion which was likely wrong due to incorrect process (laziness, blanket assessments), there is very little chance HMRC will attack.
                      So safe in my opinion. Besides you and I know we are in the right with our own assessments. Those that rolled over and took it all were more than likely inside.

Comment

Working...
                      X