• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Pulled Out Of Finance Bill Until April 2021

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
    at least all the players on here have had a dry run in helping newbies with questions so there shouldn't be any further questions in feb/march 2021 !
    We did it in the public sector two years ago as well.

Oh there will be the same questions and more I'm sure. There will also be the ones that still don't understand it and are crapping themselves they were determined inside, decided to go outside and get determined inside again
    I'll be buying some paint for them to put their own target on their backs.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      We did it in the public sector two years ago as well.

Oh there will be the same questions and more I'm sure. There will also be the ones that still don't understand it and are crapping themselves they were determined inside, decided to go outside and get determined inside again
      I'll be buying some paint for them to put their own target on their backs.
      Sew on patches is more environmentally friendly

Comment

Originally posted by creativity View Post
        Indeed, a very similar situation. For what it's worth with the fighting (arguments) on record and the fact the pre april determinations aren't legal but only an opinion which was likely wrong due to incorrect process (laziness, blanket assessments), there is very little chance HMRC will attack. So safe in my opinion. Besides you and I know we are in the right with our own assessments. Those that rolled over and took it all were more than likely inside.
        That's very true.

Client HR have officially recorded my SDS as "Incomplete". That's the best that I could have hoped for under the circumstances and I'm happy with that. I'm pushing for a COA and a new schedule with a cast iron SOW. Of course, with things the way they are it could all change tomorrow.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

In a right pickle

Part 1
          I previously posted my situation that others may be in and have a wee update. Re-cap.... I determined myself outside (CEST, 12 week contracts, project work etc). My contracted client put me outside using a purpose built tool written by a big finance company for them. My main client blanketed all agency workers (over 80) plus me and one other inside. I appealed and today got an email from them (as all others did that I know off) 'IR35 SDS's and no longer legally binding therefore any appeal is the same, no further action to be taken, PSC's to determine their own status and pay tax etc." or words to that effect. Grr. The aforementioned target may now be applied if I stay. So I leave. Now then...

Part 2
          Now this will affect loads of us... I am a working director for my limited company on PAYE and dividend income, my company also employs my wife PAYE to do admin etc. also a director. Can I furthough myself as an employee, my wife or both if I leave my client? I can work from home but dont want to with their false SDS hanging over me. I understand that the self employed help doesnt apply to limited companies

I was thinking of telling them I can no longer work from home for some reason (I have a few) so they bump me as per the other guys working for my client got this week. I'm the only one taking my scopes of work directly from the main client and not from my contracted client.

Thanks
          Last edited by OnlyWayIsUp; 26 March 2020, 21:57. Reason: Adding point last paragraph

Comment

If you were paying yourself the basic wage designed to establish an NIC record, then the 80% furlough payment be based on that. In other words, if you take the majority of your income from the company as a dividend, then this will be unprotected by the furlough payments.
            Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by OnlyWayIsUp View Post
              Part 1
              I previously posted my situation that others may be in and have a wee update. Re-cap.... I determined myself outside (CEST, 12 week contracts, project work etc). My contracted client put me outside using a purpose built tool written by a big finance company for them. My main client blanketed all agency workers (over 80) plus me and one other inside. I appealed and today got an email from them (as all others did that I know off) 'IR35 SDS's and no longer legally binding therefore any appeal is the same, no further action to be taken, PSC's to determine their own status and pay tax etc." or words to that effect. Grr. The aforementioned target may now be applied if I stay. So I leave. Now then...

Part 2
              Now this will affect loads of us... I am a working director for my limited company on PAYE and dividend income, my company also employs my wife PAYE to do admin etc. also a director. Can I furthough myself as an employee, my wife or both if I leave my client? I can work from home but dont want to with their false SDS hanging over me. I understand that the self employed help doesnt apply to limited companies

I was thinking of telling them I can no longer work from home for some reason (I have a few) so they bump me as per the other guys working for my client got this week. I'm the only one taking my scopes of work directly from the main client and not from my contracted client.

Thanks
              If your wifes job *cough* is managing the company and it's day to day running then that does not stop if you are furloughed so no, furloughing your wife is taking the piss.

In fact thinking about it. Your wife isn't a director and I'll be she isn't even an employee so doesn't qualify anyway.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                If you were paying yourself the basic wage designed to establish an NIC record, then the 80% furlough payment be based on that. In other words, if you take the majority of your income from the company as a dividend, then this will be unprotected by the furlough payments.
                It's funny though that this money goes into the same bucket anyway. The dividend money has therefore less value than NI money which that kind of makes the pound not fungible as one pound is not equal one pound.

I wonder if people who designed this even know what money is exactly.

Comment

Fungible. Now there's a word I've not heard used in a while.

Comment

Working...
                  X