• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Views on this??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WalrusRegular View Post
    If I come back inside it's back to the same old problem of being in the same role and switching from out to in - easy target for HMRC. I'd just be earning the money to pay the back tax!
    Could you go back to the client and say you would be very happy to continue but it would need to be an outside IR35 basis and for that to happen there would need to be some changes to the contract and working practice? Make sure the changes are genuine and use these as evidence going forward.

HMRC should not know about any previous inside IR35 SDS as it was never the clients responsibility to do this. Even then you could still argue that the reality of the working practise has always been how you are working now which is demonstrably outside IR35.

Comment

Speaking more to contractors there.

They say, “everyone” was blanketed inside, so they have no problem staying outside for another year.

Of course, I would have to leave my umbrella company after a month, flip back to limited and keep my fingers crossed.

My spider-sense is telling me to stay umbrella and look for an outside move after the contract ends.

Bloody hell, its tempting though

Comment

Well, I've signed up till the end of the year as outside, through my PSC. And then I'm definitely leaving Dodge for good. With the continued knowledge that I'll always be looking over my shoulder, but that's what I was anticipating for this year anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by WalrusRegular View Post
          Well, I've signed up till the end of the year as outside, through my PSC. And then I'm definitely leaving Dodge for good. With the continued knowledge that I'll always be looking over my shoulder, but that's what I was anticipating for this year anyway.
          Guess we will be seeing you in a years time again then.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Guess we will be seeing you in a years time again then.
            Well, my clientCo has now sent an email to all contractors saying that any IR35 determinations were basically a bad dream, and to act as though they had never happened, and conclude their own tax status.

You can guess theres not many suddenly stating “ah yes, I’ve been inside for the last 18 months” .. my bad, where do I send the cheque.

The reason, I quoted you, is that if I go back under my PSC then I will self quarantine from these boards for a year...out of shame.

Comment

Working...
            X