• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TAAR Rules - Opening new LTD withing 2 years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cheeseflan View Post
    I think the best way to describe the difference would be Job A was a Sales Rep and Job B is a PM.

I see where your coming from with regards to SIC code. My current SIC code is Other professional, scientific and technical activities (not including environmental consultancy or quantity surveying) n.e.c. (74909) and for the new company the SIC code would be Other human health activities (86900) or Other business support service activities n.e.c. (82990)

Mate id love to carry on under Umbrella but for some bizzare reason the b**tards in HR only want LTD people until IR35 reform next year. ffs lol

You're trying to force a situation to get the answer you're looking for. We're not buying it. Neither will HMRC.

Sales Reps are the same as PMs. Promising the world then blaming others when they can't deliver.
    You've spent ages trying to find different SIC codes to say you're doing something completely different, in reality, you say you want to be a lion tamer when you're a bank manager, but you might be about to become an accountant.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

haha +1 for wit.

Comment

We will see so many questions like this one. Damned be the government, feked so many lives.

Comment

amen brother!

Comment

Originally posted by abz2020 View Post
            We will see so many questions like this one. Damned be the government, feked so many lives.
            The government didn't force him to close his business down at the first sign of an inside role ans for his dim witted client that not to allow Umbrellas.

Not always the govs fault
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              BTW, did you forget your other user ID?
              Ohhhh do tell. Who is his other one?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                We forecasted that we'd start to see plenty of threads like this as people knee jerked in to MVL'ing. Didn't think it would be this quick TBH. @cojak, we called it.

Your job is being an IT consultant. The actual tasks on site are irrelevant. You are still an IT Consultancy company so yes it does.

No. The exact timing doesn't really matter unless you are trying to break the law and stay of the radar.

Yes. It just looks like exactly what they are trying to catch. You've met all three of the criteria. One of the links you posted explains all this and even has a section titled. 'So should I be scared?
                If you plan to use an MVL to get cash out tax efficiently then immediately restart a new business doing exactly the same thing, then yes! In fact you should be caught under the existing rules.' Not sure why you needed to start the thread to be fair.

Not relevant. It's about forming the company. If this is all you are doing then surely carrying on with the brolly is the best way to go.

I am guessing we will have an argument about the reasons being genuine when closing. The examples given are for retiring, emigrating, doing something different. Going brolly is not a reasonable reason. It shows lack of thought about the future of your career so can only have been done to get the tax advantage.

No way around this. It's a blank and white situation. Pay the taxes on the MVL and open Co B or stay brolly for the rest of the 2 years.
                Good response imo.

Comment

I agree, it was a very good informative response. I was confused thats all, I thought having a different job title and doing different tasks would be sufficient. I overlooked the fact that the new company would still be in a "similar field", so thanks all for your clarifications.

I will just need to convince the new client to allow me to operate under an umbrella.

Comment

Working...
                  X