• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Airline Pilots? Really?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airline Pilots? Really?

Hey All Fellow Lurgyists,

I was chatting to a recruiter tonight and the inevitable topic of IR35 came up. He briefly mentioned something about it having started out a long time ago as a piece of legislation to catch airline pilots avoiding tax.

Any truth in there?

No.

Why on earth are you listening to anything an agent says?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

IR35 was mainly introduced to give recruiters another subject on which to BS.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        IR35 was mainly introduced to give recruiters another subject on which to impress the gullible.
        FTFY

Bet he had a right laugh with his mates when he put the phone down.

Last edited by northernladuk; 24 March 2020, 01:09.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jammer View Post
          Hey All Fellow Lurgyists,

I was chatting to a recruiter tonight and the inevitable topic of IR35 came up. He briefly mentioned something about it having started out a long time ago as a piece of legislation to catch airline pilots avoiding tax.

Any truth in there?
          No. The Treasury came up with the wheeze in the 90s, but the Tory government's told them to stick it. It wasn't until Labour gained power with a bunch of easily house trained, inexperienced politicians, that the civil servants were able to start implementing it.

I remember man. I was there.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            No.

Why on earth are you listening to anything an agent says?
            HAHA!

I had to, he was on my phone!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              IR35 was mainly introduced to give recruiters another subject on which to BS.
              HAHA! Yeah, indeed.

Comment

A mate of mine is an airline pilot contractor.

Comment

Working...
                X