• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

As you were, for now.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swiftly View Post
    Client won't have any "facts", as they would have deleted them and been compliant with GDPR Article 17.

Contractor won't have any "facts", as they would have conveniently forgotten about them.
    Do you realise that deleting evidence of something (though I'm not convinced that a GDPR request could enforce a client to do that) does not mean that thing did not happen?

As I said, its about understanding risk. I appreciate, at this time in particular, individuals may choose to accept that risk, but let's not pretend it does not exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      Do you realise that deleting evidence of something (though I'm not convinced that a GDPR request could enforce a client to do that) does not mean that thing did not happen?

As I said, its about understanding risk. I appreciate, at this time in particular, individuals may choose to accept that risk, but let's not pretend it does not exist.
      +1

How do people still not understand GDPR in these days?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        I think the opposite. They will desperately need as much money as they can get their hands on quickly and will double-down as soon as they possibly can.
        We are going to spend the next 20-30 years paying for the package to stop the economy melting down. I suspect our concerns about the finer points of IR35 might be eclipsed by the bigger picture in a couple of years time.

No idea how it will turn out but the post virus settlement will be as historical as the post war consensus.

Comment

My client has also decided to do a u-turn and keep contractors working their OLC rather than a blanket ban and forced using PAYE, a small victory. I'm not too fussed about IR35, primarily because they decided to blanket ban initially to take no risks, there were no individual assessments. I've been someone that works from home full time in my own time and complete their projects on sprint basis.

Comment

Originally posted by darsa View Post
            My client has also decided to do a u-turn and keep contractors working their OLC rather than a blanket ban and forced using PAYE, a small victory. I'm not too fussed about IR35, primarily because they decided to blanket ban initially to take no risks, there were no individual assessments. I've been someone that works from home full time in my own time and complete their projects on sprint basis.
            So exactly what a permie would do ??

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Must be said that WFH must now have entirely disappeared as a defence against IR35?

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
                Must be said that WFH must now have entirely disappeared as a defence against IR35?
                When (if ever) was that a defence..
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  When (if ever) was that a defence..
                  This. Permies have been able to work from home at their own pace for many years. Even using their own kit in some cases. Thinking that is a defense is typical permietractor stuff.

I was hoping this whole legislation would have got every contractor past that thinking by now.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    I'm with this. Hard times need desperate measures but these measures are going to take decades to pay back. Gov is propping the country up in the short term but we will be propping the gov up for many more years to come. IMO there will be no going back to where we were 6 months ago for many years.
                    If you were working outside and have received an Inside SDS, what would be the best steps now? Continue the current contract as Inside IR35, close the Ltd company and hope they never look into it? If they do, pay the backtax and say you changed to Inside IR35 when you received the SDS? Otherwise if continuing Outside you are possibly negligent, am I correct? Other options will now be limited due to Covid-19, and it is an income...

Comment

Originally posted by shinya View Post
                      If you were working outside and have received an Inside SDS, what would be the best steps now? Continue the current contract as Inside IR35, close the Ltd company and hope they never look into it? If they do, pay the backtax and say you changed to Inside IR35 when you received the SDS? Otherwise if continuing Outside you are possibly negligent, am I correct? Other options will now be limited due to Covid-19, and it is an income...
                      Pretty much that. If you do anything else, and get investigated, the client will not have your back (if they ever did in the past).

Its all down to whether you want to take the risk or not, or if you can show that you are outside by example of your working practices.

It may well be that a lot of pre-April 6 SDS's that have you inside, when you are contracting via a Ltd Co, get overturned when the client dumps you with no notice in the next couple of weeks, potentially putting you very clearly outside. Maybe.

Comment

Working...
                      X