• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract substitution - Inside or Outside?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Winger300 View Post
    MOO is a difficult one here. The client maybe doesn't need me working 100%. Legally there's no obligation to give work, but practically if they don't then I'll move to another client.
    you moving on due to no lack of work has no bearing on MOO.
    Them not having to provide work for you does have a bearing. All sounds good as not being any MOO.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Interested to understand if they have defined "consultant" in the contract. If it means the Limited Company then assuming you employ the person doing the work (or is part of the same ltd) then you are not sub contracting.

I fear though that consultant means "Winger300" and the rest of the contract will have other gems to indicate it is you they are "employing".

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        you moving on due to no lack of work has no bearing on MOO.
        Them not having to provide work for you does have a bearing. All sounds good as not being any MOO.
        But offering work on a day to day basis isn't part of MoO. This is part of the T&M work we do. MoO is about other work above and beyond the work you are obliged to do by the contract.

When you have completed the work in your SoW before the contract ends they don't have to give you and you don't have to accept new work. This is different to them saying take xmas off. That's under the obligations of the contract to do the job.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X