• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

COVID-19: Lloyds to put contractors on a three-day week, as IR35 grumbles grow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COVID-19: Lloyds to put contractors on a three-day week, as IR35 grumbles grow

From the front page.

While 'something' was evidently going to happen, the way in which the need to reduce Lloyds' outgoings has been implemented, is completely wrong. And it was always going to be...

Correct me if wrong (I know this needs no invitation), but if the Inside contractors are being treated as employees, per being stuck Inside, then the most Lloyds should have done is an 80% salary furlough in line with Govt support guidelines. Is this right?

If so, it just shows how hopelessly all this is being understood. And implemented.

I know it is sunny outside today, but currently on the bench because of all this, and I am just feeling very specifically fed up. (No sympathy being asked for - am sure others are equally and more so)

Originally posted by simes View Post
    Correct me if wrong (I know this needs no invitation), but if the Inside contractors are being treated as employees, per being stuck Inside, then the most Lloyds should have done is an 80% salary furlough in line with Govt support guidelines. Is this right?
    Nope. Employee and inside IR35 are two completely different things.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hence why I said, 'treated AS employees'.

Hasn't Lloyds actions undone the MoO element, at the very least? They have deemed all their contractors Inside due to, let's believe, the three pillars. Of which one is MoO.

This would seem to me to be a case of 'having your cake and eat it.' An expression I have never understood because well, what the hell else are you going to do with a cake. But in the spirit of its apparent definition...

Anyway, the article to which my moaning refers would seem to suggest like thinking. Of sorts.

Comment

Hasn't Lloyds actions undone the MoO element, at the very least? They have deemed all their contractors Inside due to, let's believe, the three pillars. Of which one is MoO.

This would seem to me to be a case of 'having your cake and eat it.' An expression I have never understood because well, what the hell else are you going to do with a cake. But in the spirit of its apparent definition...

Anyway, the article to which my moaning refers would seem to suggest like thinking. Of sorts.
        They have not deemed anyone inside, just banned PSC’s

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Of course. Yes, you're right.

Completely forgot that! Duh.

Sounds almost equivalent to a zero hours contract then...

Comment

if you read it though they also paid them 2 weeks day rate to cover time off

So give on one hand, take on another
            Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

They're not treated as employees. They don't receive pension, sick pay etc.

Comment

Well this thread ended up being a waste of internet space.

Can we move to General please??
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Does seem so, to be sure.

Best chucked in the bin.

3/10
                  Could do better.

Comment

Of course. Yes, you're right.

Completely forgot that! Duh.

Sounds almost equivalent to a zero hours contract then...
                    Contracts will vary, but no MoO is a minor part of IR35 status.
                    "We don't have to give you work but when we do, we'll tell you when, where and how do to it and watch you like a hawk while you (and only you) do it."
                    Jut put you straight inside IR35, right there pretty much.

Inside or outside can both be zero hours - furlough = zero hours.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X