IR35 reform and FB 2020 IR35 reform and FB 2020
Posts 1 to 4 of 4

Super poster

Default IR35 reform and FB 2020

I see that the next stage of the FB has been delayed to the 27th April.

Further there is speculation from the usual sources that the reform may be removed from the FB.

Whether that would be a permanent removal or whether it's just an effort to slim down the FB to get it passed and the reform reappears in the next FB (late this year), I have no idea.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Double Godlike!

Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...

I suspect you may be right. There is nothing to stop the legislation being contained in the 2021 budget with immediate effect, since a clear warning of the changes has been given.
    Blog? What blog...?

More time posting than coding

What I don't understand is that there is a lot of fresh articles about the Lords committee letter and that the Lords supposedly still waiting for the reply from Jesse Norman.

Are they not aware that this has been replied and all concerns of the Lords were dismissed except lack of regulation in umbrella space?

Apparently Jesse Norman is not convinced by the issues pointed out by the Lords and he said that he needs "hard evidence" that there are indeed problems like blanket bans.

Given that this sounds eerily similar how apparatchik would act if the vis major gave orders to press on, that is deny, dismiss, deflect - I just hope that the economic difficulties we are going to face will not be blamed entirely on the COVID-19, but the businesses will keep voicing the problems this has caused and we finally get a national inquiry into the HMRC affairs and people involved in pushing this economic disaster in making.

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    Apparently Jesse Norman is not convinced by the issues pointed out by the Lords and he said that he needs "hard evidence" that there are indeed problems like blanket bans.
    Bless his little cotton socks.

If the news and agents reports of this being the case is not hard enough, I think he needs to take his fuzzy little head out of his box and Define the evidence needed - to which one could respond in kind.