• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lords damn IR35 changes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a pipe dream. Bear in mind who supported Conservative party and how independent contractors are serious competition to those companies.

Our community cannot come up with such money that could influence the party enough to change their stance.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I had a random thought - what if Rishi uses this as an opportunity for real change/reform to the tax system. It's all screwed anyway so maybe as good a time as any as we've seen a huge shift to home working, etc.

Probably a pipedream but just in case I'm writing it down
      I've been saying this for a few years. The tax system has been layered on and layered on to adapt to change. We could probably do with a new set of tax rules to reflect modern society rather than a set with loads of loopholes that get created by trying to adapt an old system.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
        Div tax will equal PAYE tax as its only fair we all pay back what has been lent. Making IR35 a future academic argument.
        Can you point me in the direction of Covid-19 government assistance with regards to dividends? Must have missed that bit of their announcements...
        Originally posted by Old Greg
        I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
        ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
          Can you point me in the direction of Covid-19 government assistance with regards to dividends?
          There isn't any. There won't be any.

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
            Could be both...?

Might be worthy if someone ………..
            Clearly not!

Consider me newly learned.

Comment

Can you point me in the direction of Covid-19 government assistance with regards to dividends? Must have missed that bit of their announcements...
              He did say lent. Maybe was talking about those lovely 0% loans
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Since you pay yourself dividends to reduce your tax bill and not pay NI, don't expect anything back from the state.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyQuinn View Post
                  Since you pay yourself dividends to reduce your tax bill and not pay NI, don't expect anything back from the state.
                  This argument is so daft, not sure why you even bothered to type this. Dividend tax and NI land in the same bucket.

Comment

Working...
                  X