• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New contractor help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inside IR35 is really a contractor? Sounds more like a no rights employee to me.

Comment

Originally posted by andydd68 View Post
      Not quite true but its not a simple process like PAYE - How to claim a National Insurance refund | AccountingWEB
      Thanks. I didn't know this and stand corrected. However, in this case, I can't see that any of the mentioned circumstances apply.

Comment

Originally posted by fidot View Post
        Thanks. I didn't know this and stand corrected. However, in this case, I can't see that any of the mentioned circumstances apply.
        True..although might be a common scenario.i.e someone gets well paid contract for a month for lets say £8k a month, the umbrella would assume that salary would be £96k so just NI would be a lot..but what if he only works one month and actualy owes no PAYE nor NI, anyone know this scenario ?

Comment

True..although might be a common scenario.i.e someone gets well paid contract for a month for lets say £8k a month, the umbrella would assume that salary would be £96k so just NI would be a lot..but what if he only works one month and actualy owes no PAYE nor NI, anyone know this scenario ?
          I believe the contractor would still owe the NI as it is worked out on a weekly or monthly basis.

Comment

You can reclaim it through self-assessment and wait for a cheque from HMRC. May take even a year or so...

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
              You can reclaim it through self-assessment and wait for a cheque from HMRC. May take even a year or so...
              Absolute rubbish... as usual.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mangobongo View Post
                Is contracting still a lucrative despite government taking so much for most people on here ?
                No it isn't.

Comment

Working...
                X