• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Off-Payroll delay until 2023 amendment tabled this week.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off-Payroll delay until 2023 amendment tabled this week.

Apologies if all ready posted, but can’t see it here.

Dave Chaplin posted on linkedIn

BREAKING: Off-Payroll delay until 2023, tabled for Finance Bill - showdown on Tuesday 19th May 2020, next week.

Conservative MP, David Davis, has tabled an amendment to the Off-Payroll resolution that is planned for next Tuesday 19th May 2020. The amendment proposes that the Off-Payroll reforms (roll out to private sector) will not take place until at least 2023-24.

This signals a full 3-year delay, and not just the one year that Treasury has been pushing for.

All this needs to be voted on next week, by MPs.

I vote no

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

It's not going to happen. Party donors already accounted contracts taken over from contractors in their coming budgets.

It's been a success in public sector, so now its time for take over in private sector.

Additional plus for HMRC - everyone will be an employee on PAYE - so they will have easy time to do their spreadsheets and money will be coming more often.

Under IR35 there is no place for trade unions, so that's a win for true conservatives too.

Comment

Even if they did agree to extend it until at least April 2023......couldn't Conservative MP XXXX suddenly decide in May 2021 to table an amendment to the Off-Payroll resolution that proposes that the Off-Payroll reforms (roll out to private sector) are brought forward to being 2022-23 instead?

i.e. the "at least" bit isn't worth the paper it's written on

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Just seen Dave's latest post
        If the resolution is pulled, the Treasury Minister is likely to say: "We have decided not to proceed with this resolution at this stage, and will reintroduce in the Autumn Budget once the House is hopefully back to normal, and the plan is still for the legislation to go ahead for April 2021."
        So it sounds to me like this amendment would be meaningless
        Last edited by PTP; 16 May 2020, 10:58.

Comment

The usual negative posts here..I suspect they didnt predict the previous years delay, I'm glad I ignored the nay sayers and kept my Ltd Co. open and I ended up working outside Ir35 in my last role.

Worth sending your MP a quick email about tomorrows vote.....(please dont replay with 'no point').

Comment

Originally posted by PTP View Post
            Even if they did agree to extend it until at least April 2023......couldn't Conservative MP XXXX suddenly decide in May 2021 to table an amendment to the Off-Payroll resolution that proposes that the Off-Payroll reforms (roll out to private sector) are brought forward to being 2022-23 instead?

i.e. the "at least" bit isn't worth the paper it's written on

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Just seen Dave's latest post

So it sounds to me like this amendment would be meaningless
            Thats a lot of assumptions for you to make...

Comment

Davis has been working on this for some time I believe:
              IR35 Conservative Backbench Revolt Led by David Davies

if the information is correct, he already has significant backing

Comment

Originally posted by K12AN View Post

David Davies is masterminding the revolt

Lol, I stopped right there

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

This is good news, but I think, even if the delay to 2023 passes tonight, we won't see much change for a few months. Maybe things will start to change in the next year.

I mean, clients are unlikely to automatically go back and give us new contracts. Also, some big companies have made the decision to not engage with ltd contractors; they need to undo that first.

Now clients have other priorities and contractors have nowhere else to go, so we can't just strong-arm the clients from tomorrow.

Still good news.

Comment

Originally posted by K12AN View Post

[hovers over link]

[sees the domain]

[doesn't click any further]
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X