World post IR35? World post IR35? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 25 of 25

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Quote Originally Posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    That's another problem. I guess the remuneration is disguised in the products you buy.

Ah, so a contractor has to pay the client to work for them, right. That's what I've been doing wrong for 20+ years.
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Ah, so a contractor has to pay the client to work for them, right. That's what I've been doing wrong for 20+ years.
    The staff usually pays for the products just like any customer, so no, you don't pay to work.

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Quote Originally Posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    The staff usually pays for the products just like any customer, so no, you don't pay to work.

Pardon?

I've never had staff pay for products for me when I went into a supermarket. I've also never spent more than a couple of hours in any week in a supermarket. Any trip to one has been for the purpose of checking availability and price, or buying products. I do not go in to a supermarket because I am contracted to do so, or because the supermarket provides me with payment just for going there.

You seem to be clutching at straws. If you work and are paid for that work by a company, and you do that same job for years, working 35+ hours per week, then what is the difference in what you do and what the permanent employee sitting beside you does?
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Pardon?

I've never had staff pay for products for me when I went into a supermarket. I've also never spent more than a couple of hours in any week in a supermarket. Any trip to one has been for the purpose of checking availability and price, or buying products. I do not go in to a supermarket because I am contracted to do so, or because the supermarket provides me with payment just for going there.

You seem to be clutching at straws. If you work and are paid for that work by a company, and you do that same job for years, working 35+ hours per week, then what is the difference in what you do and what the permanent employee sitting beside you does?
    So as long as you do less than an hour a day, your work is not billable? I would expect one should be getting at least the minimum wage for the time spent at the tills and since the client is a large corp and you do the same job as employee, you would be caught by IR35. You know employment can be part time.

Contractor Among Contractors

As per usual the market will have a fair say in what happens in as much as if clients are struggling to find skilled resource they will look into ways of keeping the role outside of IR35.

Speaking as someone currently looking for a new contract and spent most of last Summer doing the same that seems a long way away at the moment.