• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World post IR35?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    That's another problem. I guess the remuneration is disguised in the products you buy.

Ah, so a contractor has to pay the client to work for them, right. That's what I've been doing wrong for 20+ years.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Ah, so a contractor has to pay the client to work for them, right. That's what I've been doing wrong for 20+ years.
      The staff usually pays for the products just like any customer, so no, you don't pay to work.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
        The staff usually pays for the products just like any customer, so no, you don't pay to work.

Pardon?

I've never had staff pay for products for me when I went into a supermarket. I've also never spent more than a couple of hours in any week in a supermarket. Any trip to one has been for the purpose of checking availability and price, or buying products. I do not go in to a supermarket because I am contracted to do so, or because the supermarket provides me with payment just for going there.

You seem to be clutching at straws. If you work and are paid for that work by a company, and you do that same job for years, working 35+ hours per week, then what is the difference in what you do and what the permanent employee sitting beside you does?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Pardon?

I've never had staff pay for products for me when I went into a supermarket. I've also never spent more than a couple of hours in any week in a supermarket. Any trip to one has been for the purpose of checking availability and price, or buying products. I do not go in to a supermarket because I am contracted to do so, or because the supermarket provides me with payment just for going there.

You seem to be clutching at straws. If you work and are paid for that work by a company, and you do that same job for years, working 35+ hours per week, then what is the difference in what you do and what the permanent employee sitting beside you does?
          So as long as you do less than an hour a day, your work is not billable? I would expect one should be getting at least the minimum wage for the time spent at the tills and since the client is a large corp and you do the same job as employee, you would be caught by IR35. You know employment can be part time.

Comment

As per usual the market will have a fair say in what happens in as much as if clients are struggling to find skilled resource they will look into ways of keeping the role outside of IR35.

Speaking as someone currently looking for a new contract and spent most of last Summer doing the same that seems a long way away at the moment.

Comment

Working...
            X