• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 concerns and help?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thing i was just wondering, what's the general practice with contracts?
    Is it normally the contractor that provides the contract or the client you're doing work for?

Comment

Originally posted by slidingaround View Post
      Another thing i was just wondering, what's the general practice with contracts?
      Is it normally the contractor that provides the contract or the client you're doing work for?
      The agent who is the middle man gives you the contract

You never give the end client the contact unless he is a one man band also

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        The agent who is the middle man gives you the contract

You never give the end client the contact unless he is a one man band also

I don't have a middle man as such.
        I have started a company providing a service to another company (client) direct.

Comment

I have started a company providing a service to another company (client) direct.
          Super, what’s your IR35 status ?

I would use the clients contract

Comment

Sometimes the client creates one, sometimes you have to provide it.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              Super, what’s your IR35 status ?

I would use the clients contract

Im just starting out and trying to stay outside of IR35.
              The client gave me a contract but the terminology could put me inside of IR35 so im amending it, that's the reason why i joined this forum really, so i could get to grips with IR35.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Sometimes the client creates one, sometimes you have to provide it.
                Thanks.

Comment

Im just starting out and trying to stay outside of IR35.
                  The client gave me a contract but the terminology could put me inside of IR35 so im amending it, that's the reason why i joined this forum really, so i could get to grips with IR35.
                  Any contract can be changed. Make a list of things that you think are not right and how should be amended and present to the client. Be polite and describe why you need these changes and how it will affect the relationship for better.
                  Client of course can say take it or leave it.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
                    Any contract can be changed. Make a list of things that you think are not right and how should be amended and present to the client. Be polite and describe why you need these changes and how it will affect the relationship for better.
                    Client of course can say take it or leave it.

Hi, thanks yeah, that's what I'm trying to do at the moment.
                    Fingers crossed it works out ok, just don't want to get caught inside IR35.

Comment

Working...
                    X