• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outside to Inside with Gap

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outside to Inside with Gap

Hi All,

I've been approached by a client who I did some work for at the beginning of the year. The previous contract was outside IR35 but this offer is support based so they've assessed it as inside.

Is there an element of risk with HMRC going back to the same client and flipping inside - even though the contracts have different deliverables/role titles? I'm just about to go on the bench so the timing couldn't be better.

Anyone else been in the same situation?

Thanks

Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
    Hi All,

I've been approached by a client who I did some work for at the beginning of the year. The previous contract was outside IR35 but this offer is support based so they've assessed it as inside.

Is there an element of risk with HMRC going back to the same client and flipping inside - even though the contracts have different deliverables/role titles? I'm just about to go on the bench so the timing couldn't be better.

Anyone else been in the same situation?

Thanks
    Do you have clear documentation as to why this role is inside.

Can you demonstrate why this role is inside and why the last role was probably outside

If you can I really can't see any problem with your last role - you just need evidence to show why it is treated differently and the fact it's support rather than new development is probably more than enough.
    Last edited by eek; 10 September 2020, 16:06.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
    X