• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

26 year old, new to contracting help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you've got a temporary permanent role. We'll done :

With that attitude you'll go far I'm sure.

Now FOG
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NewToThis31 View Post
      Hi,
      Okay good news... but first I lied.
      I did not have interviews lined up for the day rate contracts, I just wanted answers with this assumption as as there was the potential for these to go to the interview stage, turns out I don't have enough experience... I think the market is just flooded with overqualified candidates atm who are redundant etc.

Good news is after 2 weeks of looking for perm roles, I have secured a new role, fixed term (which is what I want) so in X months time when the market is better I can look again (probably for senior perm roles if I'm honest).

Thanks for the advice all.
      The market won’t get better in x months

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
        Don't you mean this is the new market

Less contracts available
        More competition
        Various things scaring clients into moving the work inside (even though that may create more issues than it solves in a lot of cases).
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          With IR35 hitting shortly after the seasonal dip in the middle of covid I put two 'x's in there if not change to years. Particularly for the less skilled/qualified end of the market.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            With IR35 hitting shortly after the seasonal dip in the middle of covid I put two 'x's in there if not change to years. Particularly for the less skilled/qualified end of the market.
            TF I'm old now. Wouldn't want to be coming into this now.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
            "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
            "See?"

Comment

Working...
            X