• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another solution for a problem that no longer exists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another solution for a problem that no longer exists

34square - the outside IR35 freelance hub :: Home has just appeared in my regular IR35 linkedIn search.

It's another substitution portal that thinks substitution is a magic bullet for HMRC picking an embarrassing case and asking for the other 2000 to be taken into consideration after winning.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Another money making scam! Woo!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Yep - it wouldn't be so bad but yesterday I had a separate argument over expenses where someone was quoting how to claim for stays and I'm like - can't see how that works given how HMRC's expenses guidance is phrased and the examples within it.

Mind you the next question was why won't the agency let me use this dodgy umbrella I do so love the oil industry.

Comment

Also I don't think it's intentionally a scam (unlike a loan scheme where even the organisers know its a try on nowadays) - I really do think they think it will work.

The issue they don't understand is that it's the end clients who are responsible for making the decisions and the bans are coming from high up as senior management trust neither their local managers nor the contractors themselves not to screw things up.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Also I don't think it's intentionally a scam (unlike a loan scheme where even the organisers know its a try on nowadays) - I really do think they think it will work.

The issue they don't understand is that it's the end clients who are responsible for making the decisions and the bans are coming from high up as senior management trust neither their local managers nor the contractors themselves not to screw things up.
          Fair point. To be generous, it's naive. I worry that the greener / greedier contractor will sign up expecting a magic bullet and the company will disappear the minute they get a few challenges in.

Comment

Not sure I'd trust a company to keep me on the safe side of the law who's website doesn't even appear to be adhering to it
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Not sure I'd trust a company to keep me on the safe side of the law who's website doesn't even appear to be adhering to it
              Not to mention the spelling mistakes.

Click here to Secure you first 500 member spot
              Were you talking about the errors on the company details?
              34square Limited, company number 12495418 with a registered address of Wingfield House, Brunstead Road, Branksome Gardens, Poole, Dorset, United Kingdom, BH12 1EJ

CoHo registered address: 22 Sanderson House, Station Road, Horsforth, Leeds, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom, LS18 5NT
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I like how the "Who we are" section does precisely nothing to explain who they are.

Comment

Fair point. To be generous, it's naive. I worry that the greener / greedier contractor will sign up expecting a magic bullet and the company will disappear the minute they get a few challenges in.
                  There won't be challenges - what I suspect will happen is that the average contractor will be surprised to discover everything is inside because current market conditions allow it.

Comment

Working...
                  X