• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE have just suggested a "Contractor" Levy as the equivalent of Employers NI

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    half a pound of tuppeny rice on half a pound of artisan cheese.
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      I'm surprised by the lack of comments in the past 4 hours. The IPSE suggest an engager / contractor levy and yet no one comments.
      Nobody cares any more. <mod snip> I lost interest completely after the rebranding exercise that none of the membership knew about or endorsed. After several bans from their forum I eventually concluded it was a lost cause and didn't bother again. Very sad to see how the organisation degenerated from the hey day of Arctic Systems. Sad to witness, but it's how many previously decent organisations go once people see the free lunch. <mod snip> I am sure I am not on my own in my opinions.
      Last edited by cojak; 24 October 2020, 19:01. Reason: Snipped after complaint.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Check out Pournelle's Iron Law of Bureaucracy.

In any bureaucracy, the people devoted to the benefit of the bureaucracy itself always get in control and those dedicated to the goals the bureaucracy is supposed to accomplish have less and less influence, and sometimes are eliminated entirely.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
        X