IR35 Specific Advice? IR35 Specific Advice?
Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Nervous Newbie

Default IR35 Specific Advice?

Hi,
    Has anyone had advice from a tax expert on their IR35 status in the last few years?
    I was told that in the past if you had a undecided CEST test on the HMRC website you should get specific advice.
    Thanks

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by Francis1989 View Post
    Hi,
    Has anyone had advice from a tax expert on their IR35 status in the last few years?
    I was told that in the past if you had a undecided CEST test on the HMRC website you should get specific advice.
    Thanks
    What are you trying to do?

CEST is completely worthless and even HMRC will ignore it's result if they want to..
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by Francis1989 View Post
    Hi,
    Yes. Should be done at every contact signing not over time periods.
    Thanks
    Best to read up and be totally on top of the situation so you don't need to be told. This is your livelyhood we are talking about so leaving it to someone else isn't the best idea.

Tons and tons of threads about CEST and it's many failings on here and there are even more on t'interweb. If fact is almost impossible to not see them, particuarly around April times.

Read throught his thread and get a good grounding on what's going on because it's going to be hell approaching April (again) and you don't want to be one of the low hanging fruit.

And FWIW... get your contact checked every time regardless.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    CEST is completely worthless and even HMRC will ignore it's result if they want to..
    Which just begs the question, why don't they responsibly just remove it altogether?

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by simes View Post
    Which just begs the question, why don't they responsibly just remove it altogether?
    Because they only ignore it if it does not provide the answer they want.