• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blanket IR35 Determination / "HR Policy Against PSC's"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CompoundOverload View Post
    Had I have been asked to complete CEST myself, I would have refused to hence my point in the initial post about it having a lot of critics, so I wanted to know if it had any bearing when the client does/did it themselves with an outside determination.
    If they use it, it comes outside and the give you a written determination the gig is outside then away you go.

I'm still skeptical about the situation if you get on site and find it's not, I. E. They won't let you sub when they said you could on CEST but the greater voice says its their problem not yours.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      If they use it, it comes outside and the give you a written determination the gig is outside then away you go.

I'm still skeptical about the situation if you get on site and find it's not, I. E. They won't let you sub when they said you could on CEST but the greater voice says its their problem not yours.
      I just want to be able to sleep at night with no issues of retro checks but I guess the onus is on the client to determine my status, not me.

I think a lot of clauses in contracts vs WPs are potentially hear say, especially where sub is concerned. If you're a key man on a project and are balls deep in it, then one day you need to go away for whatever reason, are the client really going to be open / happy with you supplying someone whose never set foot in the door before or has had no input to said project - always easier said than done.

Comment

Originally posted by CompoundOverload View Post
        I just want to be able to sleep at night with no issues of retro checks but I guess the onus is on the client to determine my status, not me.

I think a lot of clauses in contracts vs WPs are potentially hear say, especially where sub is concerned. If you're a key man on a project and are balls deep in it, then one day you need to go away for whatever reason, are the client really going to be open / happy with you supplying someone whose never set foot in the door before or has had no input to said project - always easier said than done.
        Liability on client after April

Sleep easy

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
        X