• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Got a contract offer up to 2nd of April - then probably inside after this.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a contract offer up to 2nd of April - then probably inside after this.

Hi, sorry I'm a newbie here.

Got a contract offer up to 2nd of April - then probably inside after this, with renegotiation of rate.

What would be the implications of IR35 if I go inside after this.

Thanks

Originally posted by lofty View Post
    Hi, sorry I'm a newbie here.

Got a contract offer up to 2nd of April - then probably inside after this, with renegotiation of rate.

What would be the implications of IR35 if I go inside after this.

Thanks
    If the client regards the contract as inside after April why do you feel it's outside at the moment?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I'm afaid you've got to do better than this. This is your livelihood at risk and it's at risk right now, not in April. If the client moves you inside in April they are virtually telling HMRC you've been inside all along and are at risk of being retrospectively investigated.

You should be able to work this out even with a fairly basic knowledge of IR35. It's also been discussed ad infinitum for months up to April 2019 when it didn't hit and it's been on the table ever since. Tons of articles about it all over the place and whole section of this forum on this topic.

We've had quite a few questions about clients going inside in April so your answer is the same as them but there are also lots of other threads in there that should help educate yourself to you can start to negotiate this minefield yourself.

It's your business, time to step and try understand how it's affected.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X