• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract to Perm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract to Perm

So my client is getting rid of all contractors due to IR35.
    I have certified myself as outside; as a PM i do specific projects for the client and that is it. No employee perks, no line manager responsibility, no training.
    Currently the client has never employed a perm PM, they are all contract. The client has given me two options, leave or go FTC (time limited employee contract).

Big no-no in terms of HMRC investigation ?
    Close company down or freeze ?

Originally posted by NotJustAnotherPM View Post
    I have certified myself as outside; as a PM i do specific projects for the client and that is it. No employee perks, no line manager responsibility, no training.
    Currently the client has never employed a perm PM, they are all contract. The client has given me two options, leave or go FTC (time limited employee contract).

Will the company being paying your directly or will the agency continue to be involved.

If the former the risk is slightly less as your name will disappear from the agency report of off payroll payments to HMRC.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Your IR35 self certification for reasons mentioned don’t hold water

Up your rate by 40% and go FTC

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        And I'd agree with this
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

Up your rate by 40% and go FTC

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

What were the reasons my IR35 self cert dont hold water? IR35 shield says i'm fine.

Comment

What were the reasons my IR35 self cert dont hold water? IR35 shield says i'm fine.
            IR35 shield is a scheme to make money for its owner.

The end client is saying (with their announcement) that their viewpoint is that all PMs are inside - good luck trying to protect your historic position when the end client doesn't support you assessment.

As for this bit

No employee perks, no line manager responsibility, no training.
            i)That's common in a lot of companies that different rules get different perks
            ii) A project manager doesn't need to be a line manager that's a different role
            iii) A lot of companies will not provide equal opportunity training options.

None of those items have anything to do with IR35
            Last edited by eek; 20 January 2021, 08:04.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
            X