• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A silly thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knowledge, Power, Time, Work and Money Equations

Knowledge is Power
    Time is Money
    and as every engineer knows, Power is Work over Time.
    So, substituting algebraic equations for these time worn bits of wisdom, we get:

•K = P (1)
    •T = M (2)
    •P = W/T (3)
    Now, do a few simple substitutions:
    Put W/T in for P in equation (1), which yields:

•K = W/T (4)

Put M in for T into equation (4), which yields:

•K = W/M (5)
    Now we've got something. Expanding back into English, we get:
    Knowledge equals Work over Money.

What this MEANS is that:

1.The More You Know, the More Work You Do, and
    2.The More You Know, the Less Money You Make.
    Solving for Money, we get:

•M = W/K (6)
    Money equals Work Over Knowledge.
    From equation (6) we see that Money approaches infinity as Knowledge approaches 0, regardless of the Work done.

What THIS MEANS is:

The More you Make, the Less you Know.

Solving for Work, we get

•W = M K (7)
    Work equals Money times Knowledge
    From equation (7) we see that Work approaches 0 as Knowledge approaches 0.

What THIS MEANS is:

The stupid rich do little or no work.

Comment

Why can't winter be in summer
      Good idea. And while we are addressing time issues when is time going to go metric? Round everything to the nearest multiple of 10. 100 seconds in a minute, 100 minutes in a hour, 10 hours in a day, 10 days in a week, 10 weeks in a month, 10 months in a year.

Assuming you live to be 80, that's over 3 times what it was in old time. Might make the supposed crisis in care worse admittedly.

Hang on, I made an error there! 4 weeks in a month rounded to the nearest multiple of 10 is 0. No matter how long we lived we'd still be 0 years old. Better stock up on nappies.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The stupid rich do little or no work
        Eeee! That maths made my brain hurt! Fortunately, mere observation is all one needs to reach that conclusion.
        bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Yet another health scare, with scientists warning that toxic particles from diesel engines may penetrate your heart.

This follows on from warnings that our long term health is at risk from micro plastics that are increasingly entering the human food chain.

However, there is a more immediate risk to health due to fly tippers, who are increasingly paying corrupt surgeons to dispose of domestic waste inside patients. In a recent serious case, an unnamed woman in Lancashire had to go to A&E when suffering intense pain after a routine appendectomy. An X-ray showed that her abdomen contained a bag of old shoes, some broken tiles, a couple of worn car tyres and a length of mains cable. You can find the full report here.
          bloggoth

Comment

If you a field containing 7 llamas, and you share another 7 llamas with them, then you've got 7 llamas divided among 7 llamas.

7 llamas
            ----------- = 1
            7 llamas

But one what, I hear you cry? Frankly, I've no idea. But you've a field of one. And that means that some kind of addition and multiplication operators are defined on it, where both are associative and commutative, there's an identity for both (perhaps addition identifies as a female llama and multiplication as a male llama), there's an additive inverse for everything, and a multiplicative inverse for everything except the male llama, and of course addition is distributive over multiplication.

Now, it's that last bit that I find confusing. I've distributed 7 llamas over 7 llamas, so that implies multiplication. But I no longer have any llamas, I just have 1. So maybe they're all female (hence no multiplication), then it's not a field - it's a group. 1 is definitely a group under addition.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I was reading about a sad case yesterday where a child was being christened. The priest had said "I name this child..." when a large wooden crucifix fell off the wall onto his foot, causing him to shout f****** sh*t! Christening is one of the recognised official processes of naming, so legally the child's name is now f****** sh*t.

A priest or minister who performs a christening is legally able to change the name by filling in a form but the priest in question is convinced that a crucifix falling off a wall in a church could only be a matter of god's will and is unwilling to do so. Changing the boy's name by deed poll requires the consent of both parents and, unfortunately, the father in this case has been persuaded by the priest that it is god's will and is also unwilling to give consent.

Hard not to feel sorry for the boy in question who now has to go through childhood with a moniker like that.
              Last edited by xoggoth; 27 April 2017, 20:03.
              bloggoth

Comment

As a great supporter of female equality I am rather surprised that nobody ever criticises the most sexist word going - woman.

Having "man" as the name of our species and the name of the male sex surely implies that we men are the core of our species. Woman, or womb-man, is a variation on the main theme, a deviant variety. And naming women after one of their reproductive organs is the worst example of treating them as sex objects that I can think of!

Maybe men should be renamed cockmen or ballmen. Much less sexist!
                Last edited by xoggoth; 29 April 2017, 17:35.
                bloggoth

Comment

That's why feminists go for "wimmin". But wolessman would be better wouldn't it?
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    As a great supporter of female equality I am rather surprised that nobody ever criticises the most sexist word going - woman.

Having "man" as the name of our species and the name of the male sex surely implies that we men are the core of our species. Woman, or womb-man, is a variation on the main theme, a deviant variety.

Maybe men should be renamed cockmen or ballmen. Much less sexist!
                    A colleague with a genetic degree loves pointing out that males are purely mutant females.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      A colleague with a genetic degree loves pointing out that males are purely mutant females.
                      Especially MF.

Comment

Working...
                      X