• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A silly thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A silly thread

Went for my walk yesterday and there was lots of Wild Garlic coming up. Like that in the woods, makes you safe from vampires. But are they really sensitive to something so harmless? I expect they have much the same health problems as humans actually.

bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

The coming Fin Rot plague

Another lovely wander in the sun today, went past a beautiful fishing lake and took a photo. Then saw this sign and took a photo of that too.

So who has been bonking these poor little Koi Carp and infecting them with Herpes? I am no prude but, really, having unprotected sex with fish is going a bit too far!

And despite what it says, that there are no implications for human health, can they be really sure that another disease will not cross the species barrier? An outbreak of Fin Rot could bring huge costs to the already stretched NHS.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 3 April 2017, 19:10.
    bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The perils of online storage

I hate modern software. I liked it when you had everything in tabs at the top. You clicked File and got stuff like New, Save, Save As and so on. Now everything, even on Desktops, is an "app" with a couple of buttons on a plain rectangle and you have to dig down N levels to find anything. Very dubious about all these free online storage facilities too.

A bit later:

Meanwhile, on planet Úc¥¥Ð in the constellation of Alpha Centauri:

Legal Notice: The term sofa is copyright of aTW.
      Last edited by xoggoth; 3 April 2017, 19:11.
      bloggoth

Comment

No I didn't forget to draw an arm. Male inhabitants of Úc¥¥Ð do only have one right arm.

Yes it is a right arm, on Úc¥¥Ð right arms are on the left and vice versa.
        Last edited by xoggoth; 3 April 2017, 19:23.
        bloggoth

Comment

Basic maths proves drivel is true

One thing I love, almost as much as I love huge ladies' bottoms, is little wasps. There seem to be loads around at the moment, that's unusual for so early in the year, must be the unusually warm sunny weather.

But what was even more unusual, this afternoon I saw a little wasp and we recognised each other immediately. That little wasp was me in the next life!

What bollux I hear you say. OK, CUKers of limited intellect, here's some mathematical proof:

-ve * -ve = +ve

false(false) = true

Therefore, QED:

bollux * bollux = reality
          crap(crap) = truth

Bollux1 - We all come back in an afterlife in some form.
          Bollux2 - Wasps have time machines

Bollux1 * Bollux2 = a real event

That wasp really was me! QED
          bloggoth

Comment

Hello CUKers! This silly post is for anyone's silliness. not just mine! Just has to be original, not copied from an online jokes page.

PS. In so far as anything is original. F* Shakespeare had it easy, much easier for him to do summit that was "new". If somebody did a story similar to Othello before, even assuming it was recorded at all, it is probably on a stone carving lost under the Mendips somewhere.

PPS Oh! Othello was actually based on an earlier work by Cinthio, first published in 1565.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Othello

PPS: I hear Cinthio is suing Shakespeare for copyright infringement in the high court next month. Those time machines are causing real problems.
            Last edited by xoggoth; 6 April 2017, 18:11.
            bloggoth

Comment

Really good news!

Lots and lots of lovely little slugs!

Get ready for an invasion of 500 billion slugs thanks to mild winter | Metro News

Judging from the number I've seen so far this year there will be a big rise in numbers of nice little waspies too! Can't wait to start putting the jam out.

Who cares about terrorism, looming WW3 etc. when there we have lots of nice little slugs and waspies?
              bloggoth

Comment

No silliness from anyone else? Oh well!
                bloggoth

Comment

An Exorcism App

Always thought one of the best proofs that ghosts don't exist is the fact that they nearly always seem to be of people who died centuries ago, usually some lady in an Elizabethan costume. People still die today, in equally awful circumstances or with unfulfilled wishes, so why don't we see ghosts in jeans or track suits holding mobile phones?

Maybe I was wrong about that. According to the Mirror, the set of Coronation Street may be haunted by the ghost of the lady who played Elsie Tanner. Apparently, there has been a big rise in demand for Exorcists.

There is a clear opportunity for contractors here - An Exorcism app, we could call it "Ghosts Away" perhaps. I can do dev. for Android and Windows, could anyone here who do the same for Apple? We could make real money!
                  bloggoth

Comment

Why can't winter be in summer, so the ski day is longer? Also, if summer were in winter, the longer nights give more time for the air to cool down, saving on the need for fans or a/c units.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X