• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ball peen hammer and Rip hammer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ball peen hammer and Rip hammer

Though it may sound silly, but I want to know the difference between ball peen hammer and rip hammer. I mean not shape-wise but the usage. Can someone please elaborate? Don't know whether I should be asking this question in this forum?

Ball pien....

Comment

Rip hammer has a claw on the back for removing nails and is mainly used by carpenters.
      Ball-pien hammer has a round back and is mainly used by metalworkers.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Brian Mcculloch from Glasgow used the hammer for attacking Deeley. lol. So, it depends u know what purpose you use it for...

Comment

Its up to the user how he wants to use it, hammer is a useful tool and it should always be part of the tool kit I believe especially, if you are working as a carpenter, plumber, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Soho View Post
            Its up to the user how he wants to use it, hammer is a useful tool and it should always be part of the tool kit I believe especially, if you are working as a carpenter, plumber, etc.
            Did I say anything wrong? Well, if you search this forum also you'll find lots of threads with the name 'Brian Mcculloch Glasgow' - a vicious thug who doesn't deserve any respect whatsoever. Can you imagine the kind of brutality this man is capable of?

Comment

Originally posted by ashley View Post
              Did I say anything wrong? Well, if you search this forum also you'll find lots of threads with the name 'Brian Mcculloch Glasgow' - a vicious thug who doesn't deserve any respect whatsoever. Can you imagine the kind of brutality this man is capable of?
              Oh FFS! - not AGAIN!

Comment

Peter Sutcliffe also favoured the ball pien hammer.
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  Peter Sutcliffe also favoured the ball pien hammer.
                  As did Maxwell, but his was silver

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    As did Maxwell, but his was silver
                    Fairly sure the lyrics of that song omitted the actual hammer shape to concentrate on the colour.
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X