• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World Cup Trivia Questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy of the Rovers??

Comment

Any chance of the answers please. It's a good one for the pub on Thursday :-)

Comment

Football trivia

name one person (I believe there have only been two) who played full time in an FA Cup final, his team won the FA cup, but he didn't get a winner's medal. Who was he, what was his team and what were the circumstances?

also
        what team last won the English FA cup?

also
        name a rule related to the nature of the team kit

also
        what is the oldest FA team in the World?

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
          name one person (I believe there have only been two) who played full time in an FA Cup final, his team won the FA cup, but he didn't get a winner's medal. Who was he, what was his team and what were the circumstances?

also
          what team last won the English FA cup?

also
          name a rule related to the nature of the team kit

also
          what is the oldest FA team in the World?
          Kevin Moran, 1985. First man sent off in a cup final. That said, he was later presented the medal after the FA had at first refused. Thinking about it, he was sent off late in the second half. It'll be someone stretchered off in extra time then. I'll have to have a think.

Which English FA Cup? The one that Chelsea won last May or a different one?

Team kit must be easily distinguishable from the opposing team's kit and that of the match officials.

Oldest FA team in the world - Sheffield FC
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Kevin Moran, 1985. First man sent off in a cup final. That said, he was later presented the medal after the FA had at first refused. Thinking about it, he was sent off late in the second half. It'll be someone stretchered off in extra time then. I'll have to have a think.

Gary Sprake for Leeds. Played full time at Wembley, match drawn. Didn't play in the reply.

Which English FA Cup? The one that Chelsea won last May or a different one?
            Cardiff City were the last winners of the English FA Cup. They dropped the English part after.

Team kit must be easily distinguishable from the opposing team's kit and that of the match officials.
            One more, the goal keeper must have a different kit from the rest of his team

Oldest FA team in the world - Sheffield FC
            Well done. I was at their 125 year celebrations in 1977. So that makes them formed in 1852.

Comment

Well done. I was at their 125 year celebrations in 1977. So that makes them formed in 1852.
              Ah, in terms of the first one, that will also apply to Jim Leighton, who was dropped in favour of the late Les Sealey in the 1990 final, with Les making a beeline for Leighton and offering him his winner's medal.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Ah, in terms of the first one, that will also apply to Jim Leighton, who was dropped in favour of the late Les Sealey in the 1990 final, with Les making a beeline for Leighton and offering him his winner's medal.
                well, not quite the same as Sprake. He played full time and extra time at Wembley, but didn't play in the replay. At that time, winner's medals were only awarded for the winning game. I gather this has been changed now.

Comment

well, not quite the same as Sprake. He played full time and extra time at Wembley, but didn't play in the replay. At that time, winner's medals were only awarded for the winning game. I gather this has been changed now.
                  That's the same as Leighton. He played in the 3-3 draw v Palace with Sealey playing in the replay.

Comment

That's the same as Leighton. He played in the 3-3 draw v Palace with Sealey playing in the replay.
                    OK, I thought there had been another similar situation.

Comment

OK, I thought there had been another similar situation.
                      Leighton only played one more game for United, a League Cup tie against Halifax later that year. Thank God.

Comment

Working...
                      X