• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amusing surnames

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fine book I've had for years has many an amusing name: Potty, Fartwell and Knob: From Luke Warm to Minty Badger - Extraordinary But True Names of British People https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00RWOEN..._5CEfDb8ADK1CT

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      A fine book I've had for years has many an amusing name: Potty, Fartwell and Knob: From Luke Warm to Minty Badger - Extraordinary But True Names of British People https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00RWOEN..._5CEfDb8ADK1CT
      Mr ms in tracing his family history, has unearthed a Fanny Mold.

Comment

When checking the architectural "health" of some real estate in Ayia Napa, Cyprus, I worked with someone whose last name was "Mavromoustachios", which means "black moustache" in Greek. And of course, she was the most petite, child-looking, cutest, shorter than 160cm young woman on the island. I tried to avoid the topic, but she joked on that herself; I guess she's used to it...
        Last edited by Hokum50; 20 August 2019, 06:08.

Comment

There was a Herman Hamburger (yes, he was German) where I worked in the 80's. The juvenile in me always sniggered when he was paged over the tannoy.

Comment

How about Sara Blizzard the Weather presenter
            BBC - East Midlands Today - Presenter Profiles - Sara Blizzard

Comment

Don't forget Dick Braine of UKIP. As though the E on the end helps...
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

There was an Isaac Hunt at Clerical Medical in Bristol when I worked there.....
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

the south Yorkshire police operations complex is on 'Letsby Avenue'

Comment

Mike Hunt, back in school. Big lad though.

Comment

There's a chap at a client in the US called Dick Monster, though the address system puts the surname first. LOL

Also came across these in the past: Ronald McDonald, Victoria Cross, Jo King, and a Mr Wankhede from an offshore company.

Comment

Working...
                      X