• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"BT" Helpdesk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"BT" Helpdesk

1 hour ago.

*Ring Ring* *Ring Ring*

Me: Hello
    *pause*
    Other: Hi Yes my name is ... I'm from BT
    Me: Hi
    Other: You have people on your internet
    Me: Oh really, that's not good
    Other: Yes, are you in-front of your pc?
    Me: Yes, but wait a minute, what's your telephone number
    Other: Why you need my telephone number
    Me: So I can phone you back at BT
    Other: what you need to phone me for
    Me: Because you don't work for BT you *ickhead*, just *uck off and get a proper *ucking job, you *wat,
    Other..........you *uck off too

Actually enjoyed the exchange. He's lucky because I was busy and the last guy that tried it, I managed to keep on the phone for 20 mins(15 of which on hold)before telling him where to go.
    Last edited by BABABlackSheep; 23 August 2019, 14:37.

Yeh. Always getting calls from "BT" or my "internet provider". Don't have your patience, I just swear and slam the phone down.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Mrs BP once gave the phone to baby bp. It was a lasdy fraudster who sounded Indian. He asked her if she liked curry!

Comment

I got one of these tossers and just hung up on him as he was in mid spiel. He then phoned back.

"Why did you hang up on me?"
        "Because you're a ******* scammer. Does your mother know what your doing?".
        bzzzzzzzzz
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It's ways good fun to waste their time. It's a public service, preventing them from scamming people who could be misled.
          Last edited by ladymuck; 24 August 2019, 18:17.

Comment

I just keep them going and then tell them that I have a Mac.

That normally stresses them out.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I tell 'em I'm running Win3.11.

The bafflement is extreme in doing the needful.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I once told them I didn't have a computer because the electromagnetic waves they give off causes cancer and I went on try and sell them some healing crystals to protect them from the very dangerous work they're doing

Comment

2 more such calls today! **** nuisances!
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The Hook - Scammers Try To Tell Police Captain She’s Wanted For Drug Trafficking | Facebook
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X