The "it was alright in the 70's" thread The "it was alright in the 70's" thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 14

Contractor Among Contractors

Default The "it was alright in the 70's" thread

Pathé films capturing the important things from the hot summer of 1976.

NSFW - though no actual nudity

England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

King of updation

Pub Rock, Glam Rock, Punk Rock, Mott The Hoople, Dr Feelgood, Slde, Top of the Pops, Radio 1 Chart Show, Jumpers for goalposts.....what wasn't to like ? (Power cuts, 3 day week, bin strike, British Leyland cars, Cliff Richard, Jimmy Saville, Wreckers of law and order. Communists, Maoists, Trotskyists, neo-Trotskyists, crypto-Trotskyists, union leaders, Communist union leaders, atheists, agnostics, long-haired weirdos, short-haired weirdos, vandals, hooligans, football supporters, namby-pamby probation officers, rapists, papists, papist rapists, foreign surgeons - headshrinkers, who ought to be locked up, Wedgwood Benn, keg bitter, prog rock, glue-sniffers, "Play For Today", Clive Jenkins)
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

Super poster

Tit Monday...
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by TestMangler View Post
    Pub Rock, Glam Rock, Punk Rock, Mott The Hoople, Dr Feelgood, Slde, Top of the Pops, Radio 1 Chart Show, Jumpers for goalposts.....what wasn't to like ? (Power cuts, 3 day week, bin strike, British Leyland cars, Cliff Richard, Jimmy Saville, Wreckers of law and order. Communists, Maoists, Trotskyists, neo-Trotskyists, crypto-Trotskyists, union leaders, Communist union leaders, atheists, agnostics, long-haired weirdos, short-haired weirdos, vandals, hooligans, football supporters, namby-pamby probation officers, rapists, papists, papist rapists, foreign surgeons - headshrinkers, who ought to be locked up, Wedgwood Benn, keg bitter, prog rock, glue-sniffers, "Play For Today", Clive Jenkins)
    Savile

Can't you get anything right ffs?

King of updation

Quote Originally Posted by barrydidit View Post
    Savile

Can't you get anything right ffs?
    Sorry mate. It's been a few decades since I wrote to him. I'll spell it correctly if I ever have occasion to write his name again. I know you Yorkshire punters like to protect your own
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by TestMangler View Post
    Sorry mate. It's been a few decades since I wrote to him. I'll spell it correctly if I ever have occasion to write his name again. I know you Yorkshire punters like to protect your own
    That's alright, i'll let it slide under the circumstances. How are you getting on with the lockdown? I've been a bit concerned it must be said - not the social isolation and limited geographical movement elements, I know you're an expert at that stuff. It's the exercising every day thing that's got me worried for you.

Nervous Newbie

It's interesting how after 1968/69, the world was thinking we'd be going towards more and more nudity, but we haven't gone much further than the 70s; in some regions and years, clothing has even started being more covering than that.
    Sure, there may be more sexual content in movies, music etc, but clothing has found the limit of what can/can't be done.

Ah, the 1970s.

When everything was beige.

And we were expecting an ice age shortly.

Remind me how those glaciers are doing.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Ah, the 1970s.

When everything was beige.

And we were expecting an ice age shortly.

Remind me how those glaciers are doing.

They have all gone , global warming/Climate change etc..
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    They have all gone , global warming/Climate change etc..
    Ah.

They weren't following the science then.
    When the fun stops, STOP.